<  Chit-Chat  ~  A camping we will go.....have been

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Just back from 4 days camping in Robin Hood's Bay. Beautiful little fishing village on the east coast to those that don't know. Weather held til late last night, bloody great otherwise.

Superb!

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:36 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
You guy's do some romantic mothaf*ckin sh*t!

http://www.robin-hoods-bay.co.uk/

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Every bloody time I go to that bloody village all the bloody fish & chip places are bloody shut.

Also it's a steep old walk back up to the car park. Last time I was there, we had to stop for a cream tea half way up.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Yeah the hills are kinda steep lol

Fish and Chip shop was open when we were there :p

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Fish'n'chips!

I had Fish'n'chips in London. Twas good, but didn't see the big deal.

Anyway, I think it looks like a nice little weekend jaunt!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quote
The thing about fish and chips is that it is a wildly varying deal.

You need to find a good chippy[1]. This is vital. Chips should be friend in beef dripping, not vegetable oil, to ensure good flavour and that the fat can be maintained at a correctly high temperature without burning.

Like any seafood dish, the fish should be as fresh as possible. The batter should be golden and crispy.

A bad chippy can make a wonderful treat into an appalling mess. Soggy chips and gooey batter are amongst the worst of sins.

Generally the best fish and chip shops are on the coast. Nothing better than the smell of sea air to season such a fine creation.

I have a friend from New York, who visits every year or so. If it were up to him, we'd eat nothing but fish and chips for every meal.

[1] Vernacular slang for fish and chip shop.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I generally don't do so hot with greasy foods...probably has something to do with it.

Actually I DO remember the fries (chips) being REALLY good now that I think of it. However that could be because I was on a shoestring budget and LITERALLY brought a backpack full of powerbars with me and only ate one real meal a day.

So I was probably so full of procsesed goo at that point that you could have given me cheap-o McDonalds fries and I would have creamed my jeans!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote
[quote:d84b6abe92="Gabriel"]So I was probably so full of procsesed goo at that point that you could have given me cheap-o McDonalds fries and I would have creamed my jeans![/quote:d84b6abe92]

McD's fries are also processed goo. Deep fried crispy goo.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:55 pm Reply with quote
What about their chicken nuggets?!

Blech!

It's like....chicken beaks!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
Mc nuggets in the uk are 100% chicken breast now, ive not found any that look like chicken beaks lololol I dont eat them, just peel the coating off so Boo can eat the meat with his cucumber sticks, instead of fries.

Robin hoods bay is cool, there's a fab walk along the top that takes you to Ravenscar, there's not much there but the view is great :)
Our camping trip this year is to Coniston hall campsite, basically a farmer's field right on the edge of Coniston water in the lakes, its even got it's beach :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Yep went to Ravenscar, had some tea then walked back along the beach. Next camping trip is yet to be decided, but it'll be soon.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quote
CappadocianPosts: 18Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:18 am
[quote:3d0575db0e="Isabella Garrett"]Mc nuggets in the uk are 100% chicken breast now, ive not found any that look like chicken beaks lololol ....[/quote:3d0575db0e]

[img:3d0575db0e]http://www.mad-cow.org/00/chicken_head.jpg[/img:3d0575db0e]

Yet another reason not to eat fast food!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Uncanny... that is *EXACTLY* what a McNugget looks like.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quote
[quote:46a26346dd="Isabella Garrett"]Our camping trip this year is to Coniston hall campsite, basically a farmer's field right on the edge of Coniston water in the lakes, its even got it's beach :)[/quote:46a26346dd]

You know - if you are staying in the lakes, ([url=http://mort.level5.net/Coniston%20water.jpg]Coniston Water[/url]) at this time of year, then you MUST MUST MUST get to Derwentwater first thing in the morning....

I took these around 8:30am...

[url=http://mort.level5.net/Reflections%20on%20a%20Derwentwater%20Morning.jpg]Derwentwater 1[/url]
[url=http://mort.level5.net/Reflections%20on%20a%20Derwentwater%20Morning2.jpg]Derwentwater 2[/url]
[url=http://mort.level5.net/Reflections%20on%20a%20Derwentwater%20Morning3.jpg]Derwentwater 3[/url]
[url=http://mort.level5.net/Reflections%20on%20a%20Derwentwater%20Morning4.jpg]Derwentwater 4[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
wow what great pics!
Really looking forward to camping at Coniston water, will be a hectic week, all the kids are coming and of course Josh :)

Offline Profile