<  Chit-Chat  ~  New VTM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:44 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 71Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:00 pm
Shit if they made a decent vamp rpg again Id probably give it a shwiz.

I am now a married american resident with small career prospects.
In 3 years i hope to be earning above the fracking minimum wage.

"The courage of the Blue... The valour of the Grey."
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:56 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
I agree about the computer addiction. I've never played an MMORPG (other than trying them on my friends' comps) but I don't think I ever will. My schedule is just too wonky to be able to sit down at any given time and play for a duration. I get my (single-plyer) gaming in when I can, but it's infrequent and unscheduled.

But if a V:TM MMORPG comes out, you can believe I'll try it!

Btw, in 3 years I hope to:
1) Be married
2) Have youngins
3) Have a career
4) Have a house

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarUnknownPosts: 117Location: ChicagoJoined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:24 pm
I haven't got the time now, and since in three months time (never mind in three years time!) I'm gonna be a mum for the first time (scary prospect).

However, in three years time I hope to:

a) be just over half way through my physics degree
b) have cut my working hours to less than half of what they are now
c) possibly be pregnant again (or looking at the possibility for one/two years later)

And, yeah it would be nice, to be married...

The thing I loved about V:TMR (and got me addicted) was the relative flexiblity of the storytelling mode.

I think I'd give a MMORPG a try... on a trial of course...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is with regret that I must bring these home truths to light, as it is clear to me that many of you have clearly lost all sense of realism. No, let me be clearer, you've just lost all sense.

I would like to remind all present of the state of the sad and pathetic bunch of emo-kids we[1] were, each to a greater or lesser extent. The relationships we bungled for the game, the social lives we lost to the game, the addiction, the withdrawal, the all consuming passion.

We have moved along. We have grown older and wiser. We have become educated, taken jobs, established relationships. In short, we have gone out and gotten lives.

It is not so much that I think it foolish to wish to play a vamp MMORPG. On the contrary, a semi-regular session of RP with you guys would be lovely. A vamp MMORPG however would hold something far more sinister. Something to be feared and dreaded. Something to be avoided at all costs.

Vast numbers. VAST NUMBERS of kids who are all like we once were. This isn't old Vampire which could handle no more than eight people in a room. This would be all the emo-ness of the entire planet all bunched up together in the ultimate singularity of gothic romantic misery.

Friends, I shudder to even begin to attempt to contemplate the implications of such a thing happening in my lifetime.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

[1] As a collective, I'm not pointing fingers at individuals so don't get all snippy with me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:17 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Actually that'd be rather amusing for me, kinda like the last gig I saw with my mates. Pretty much spent standing behind the wave of Emo-Goth-Manson wannabes trying to avoid their collective waves of motion spilling our dusty old man pints as we muttered "Bloody kids!"

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quote
CappadocianPosts: 18Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:18 am
Ha!

While it's true that work, family and other commitments have replaced those all night vamp-fests for most of us, I'm sure everyone needs a little down time and can manage a game here and there. Stef, Trish and I use to manage the odd run-amuck-a-thon in NWN up until two years ago. We should do that again, I've missed it. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:46 pm Reply with quote
[quote:3f5926bca9="Batty_"]We should do that again, I've missed it. :)[/quote:3f5926bca9]

Sweetness, you became so terribly busy...

I'm sure Trish wouldn't need any persuasion, should you become less busy.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:14 am Reply with quote
User avatarAssamitePosts: 105Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:38 pm
I have been pretty steady in my gaming since the start other than the going on deployment and what not. Right now I am playing EQ2 with The Slave aka the Wife :D We spend a few hours a night after the kids goto bed doing that instead of watching TV. Age of Conan comes out on the 20th and I preordered. Will prolly alternate nights with em. A Vamp game would be great and I would play it more than likely drop EQ2 or AOC which ever has the highest population, tbh I play for the content not for the interaction alhtough PvP is great killing little kids that think they are the greatest thing sincle sliced bread running around in groups of 5-10 ganking other solo players. Then you catch them alone or with one buddy and you take em out alone ahhh very satisfying (sp) Ok maybe not everyone can quite relate to that but trust me its much fun heh heh. Anyway my point is managing your game time and life is really not that difficult even with a signifigant other and kids if you really want to play.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:55 am Reply with quote
CappadocianPosts: 18Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:18 am
[quote:9827bac561="Julius Darrant"][quote:9827bac561="Batty_"]We should do that again, I've missed it. :)[/quote:9827bac561]

Sweetness, you became so terribly busy...

I'm sure Trish wouldn't need any persuasion, should you become less busy.[/quote:9827bac561]

And to be honest, nothing has changed except that I now have a longer commute to work! However, I have been given orders to allow more time to myself and I am going to take this as a directive to play more computer games. :)

Game on?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Game on?

Sure - care to suggest a when? NwN or something else?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
I have no interest whatsoever in doing an MMORPG of any sort. They are like crack to me. Too F-ing busy with work, new home, new band, etc to deal with it. I completely agree with Stef. RUN!!!!

On the flip side, how the hell did The People's Republic of America allow Euryon in the country? I"d like to meet up with that lad and have a pint or 6.

Offline Profile