<  Chit-Chat  ~  Sooooo....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:25 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
....should I go back to school and pursue a Masters? Everyone keeps telling me I should.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:30 am Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
Take it from a guy who has no schooling.. GO>> GO

any good job wants you to have the book smarts. The only people who make it without it work for themselves. So if you are starting your own company stay home and start it.( btw.. if your paying really well to an old friend i could use a better job)) If your going to work for someone else then go to school and pump as much into your head as you can.. not that you will use it but it will show others that you have it.

I wish i went

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:28 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Yeah but a Masters?

Gabe's already spent the last 3 years + studying, it all depends on WHAT you want to aim for. I mean you worked your ass off last time but you've felt pretty downheartened with the difficulty in finding jobs.

Are you thinking of studying because you don't know what else to do, or are you thinking of aiming for a higher career choice?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:49 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Well, the original goal has always been to obtain a Masters Degree, and I wouldn't postpone work to pursue more school. I'd do it simultaneously.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:10 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
A Masters Degree in what though? And what's your ultimate aim?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:33 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
If it was your original goal James, go for it! It's not going to hurt you getting it and whether you use it or not is a bit immaterial, it's how you feel about achieving that goal :)

I've got an A level in special needs teaching, don't think i'm ever going to use it but it made me feel good at the time when I got it.

I'd really go for it, especially if you can do it as well as work.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:37 am Reply with quote
Fair point there. In the end it's your call, Jimbo. If it's something you really want then who're we to stop you? Just don't burn yourself out like last time :)

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
I second that....dont you get all frazzled out and grouchy trying to do too much, otherwise we will have to have words young man!!

lol

Go for it James, you only get one life, no re runs, no playbacks, just grab it while you can :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:58 am Reply with quote
CappadocianPosts: 18Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:18 am
Masters degree? Absolutely. And now that you have your bach degree, the pressure is off so you can study at a more leisurely pace. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 56Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:13 am
The value of education is immense. as my father has always said "You can never have too many trades, and you can never be too good at any of them."

I'm what you want, when you want it. I'll do the things you can't or won't, I'm everything you need, right when you need it. Take my deal, accept my terms. Give me your problems and I'll make them mine. All you have to do is play by the rules...
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:53 am Reply with quote
VentruePosts: 102Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:57 pm
They say a bachelors degree will soom be as worthless as a masters degree. Thats what i hear anyways. Hey whats the chance you stilll have all your old research papaers. I'd love to turn in some of your work for easy A's. lol..Go for it...easier pace

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Actually, like an idiot I didn't save them. Now when jobs ask for writing samples I have to make something up. D'oh!