<  Chit-Chat  ~  A RARE WEEKEND

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:14 am Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
Misty and i just had one of those crazy nights that don't come around much anymore.

it started out with a nice football party at a friends house. I started with beer and moved right along to Capt'n and cokes. After the game and the party broke up Misty drove us home (both blocks).

We managed to get a sitter for the Drainlings, so we went to the Bar (1 block away, ya gotta love small towns). The bar was jumping eveyone i knew seemed to be there, and i think they even had a band but they were tearing down by the time we got up there. We closed the bar at around 2:30 and went down the street to the after party.. where i turned out to be the oldest one there. Its odd standing around drinking with kids you babysat years ago. I don't know when we left it was late.. after listening to a drunk girl smack her boyfriend we figured it was time to go before the cop.....(yes we have a cop)) showed up.

we got home and went downstairs to our partially finnished downstairs family room and stayed up talking untill it was time to make breakfast for everyone.

I know its not a wildest story.. but it was a truly enjoyable night. one of those that just seemed to go on and on.. i enjoyed myself. I just needed to share.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:13 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Once in a while, the random factors seem to align and you find yourself surrounded by friends and in particular friends who you haven't seen in a long time and all of a sudden you are transported back a decade or so and you get to relive a moment of your youth over again for real. I treasure those moments.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:21 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Aye. Tis true.

I had one of those relatively recently as well. Went over to a friends house where all my buddies were gathering to watch the Skins play (and lose *sob*). I thought it might be weird because I hadn't hung out with them in a few weeks but as soon as I got there it just gelled.

The booze came out and we were laughing, shouting, drinking, smoking (cigarettes), and rough housing like the old days. Every once in awhile I miss em.