<  Chit-Chat  ~  Mental Gas...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:42 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
I think to some extent we can all say our internet personalities are slightly different than our real life ones. One thing that may not translate over the net (I hope!) is how judgmental and pious I can truly be. I am, unfortunately, a pretty judgmental person. It's just the way I am. I'm workin' on it, but I make assumptions based on scant knowledge and I tend to label. It's okay, I'm a work in progress.

The real purpose of this post was to laugh at how I (and to some extent, I think everyone) can be so pious. A good example was this morning. I was sitting at work thinking about my plans for the remainder of the day. Prior to anything else, I have to go running after I leave work or I'll never find the willpower once I get home.

As I was thinking about running/jogging/fitness in general, I started to think about my diet and all that physical wellness junk. Anyway, long story short I decided to overhaul my eating habits too and begin to lift weights again.

So there I am, feeling good about my decision to make a change, when I walk past the guest food kiosk. I noticed the granola bars sitting there and although I wasn't hungry, I was curious as to their nutritional value. They were the chewy kind with chocolate chips (the kind I love!), but my immediate reaction was...

"Who would even eat these?! They're not even real granola! Slobs! Pigs!"

Anyway, the point is, it's funny how within 30 seconds of deciding to eat better, I have set myself up as Lord High Council of Nutrional Wellness and Chancellor of Fitness.

This isn't a beat myself post btw, I just thought it was funny how quickly those changes can occur. Anyone ever feel the same?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:51 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 42Location: JunkyardJoined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:38 pm
Yea I feel like that when something in my life is'nt right, I start to think about things until it drives me crazy...
Whatcha gonna do about, get rid of the thing in your life that drives you mad.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Don't you just hate it when people smoke in the car in front of you, or by your office window. I mean, cigs really smell bad. It really turns me off when I see and smell that tobacco smell, that kind of stale acrid and just nasty aroma.

Signed Stef - Former Smoker :)