<  Chit-Chat  ~  Brain Tooting...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:25 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
An odd thing about the Hospitality Industry is the incredibly high employee turnover rate. Hotels are constantly switching staff. Managers come and go at incredible speeds and line staff go even quicker. Since I've worked here at the resort I've met and become friends with a great number people, and most of them have gone.

Yesterday, the last of the "Old Crew" left. She was my close co-worker Molly, or Molly-Mol-Molls as I affectionately called her. Twas sad indeed. This morning I came in to this note on my desk:

Goodbye James!

I'll be talking to ya again soon. Probably later on today...Take care. I'll miss u most! :)

Molly

*end transmission*

Oh sadness! I am truly the last one here. Almost NO ONE whom I started with is still here. Sales people, planners, aforementioned managers...all gone. But on the bright side, Molly is going on to bigger and better things (she's off to be an assistant hygeinist ((sp?)) at a dentists office making more money) and I'll soon be leaving as well.

If nothing else it inspires me to be more tenacious in my job hunt as even the mundane comfort of this job seeps away. Now I truly have nothing to stay for...so....HERE'S TO THE FUTURE! *toast*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
"To the future and hope you find the career you are looking for and that you life is rewarding and fulfilling"

*clink of glasses*

Ahhh the sweet taste of lemsip cold flu remedy....yup still got flu/cold which makes the fact that Ive being camping for my birthday even more impressive plus we did a 3 hour walk along waterfalls in the Yorkshire dales and I had to overcome my fear of heights due to us walking along narrow pathways along the entire length of the river we were following, some of it wasn't too bad it was actually edged with a fence but most of it wasn't .....ugghhh made me feel sick at times....but i did it with daves help, although at the last narrow bridge over what looked like a 100 foot drop I think If I had squeezed his hand any harder he would have thrown me over lol I have long nails and his arm is covered in marks bless him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:30 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Too hot for the flu!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
It's cold here today think we've had our summer .....I must have missed it lol

Offline Profile