<  Chit-Chat  ~  cloverfield

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:23 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
AvP2 was okies, much the same as any other monster v monster shoot 'em up, the effects are good , what you can see of them that is, the movie is very dark at times so you have trouble seeing who is fighting who. My son thought he would treat me and take me to the pics, with my money of course lolol Vue cinemas are so expensive and not that nice.
We are off to see Sweeney Todd next, that looks good :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Anyone seen Cloverfield yet? James? Valek?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 18Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:29 pm
Sweeney Tod looks good. Mr Depp always plays crazy folks.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:08 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Nossir, I've not seen Cloverfield yet. I'm trying to go see it this week though. :)

When does it come out in your neck of the woods?

Krae - I've heard Sweeney Todd is QUITE good, although VERY graphic. Be warned! Plenty o neck smiles.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 18Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:29 pm
Sounds delightful.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:20 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
1st of Feb....

Looking forward to it :)

Not bothering with Sweeny Todd mainly because Depp's accent is a blatant "Jack Sparrow" in it - Meh

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
I'll probably wait on Sweeney Todd for the DVD, but Cloverfield...if I can catch it this weekend, I"ll be sure and let you know. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:58 am Reply with quote
Well, just got back from seeing "Cloverfield" and it was pretty intense. The monster was pretty scary and seeing NYC torn down so effectively was terrifying! Jerky camera movements always make me a little ill, but I got through this one alright.

Definately worth seeing!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
My little bundle of fun aka Aaron , my son is coming round tonight as usual, I dont see him all week because he's busy at the new job, trainee technical engineer, I'm so pleased he's got a decent career ahead of him, he will be able to look after me in my own age or has he says, put me in a care home for the insane lolol
Anyway he says he has got Cloverfield! I don't want to know where from but I will let you know.

We went to the pics the other night and watched No country for old men, very good film, dont know if it would be everyone's cup of tea, but we really enjoyed it, not a film I would watch again though but nonetheless its worth seeing :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh I saw the movie as well. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and thought the movie did a great job of bringing it to life. Chigurgh was every bit as scary on screen as on paper.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Well my bundle of sweetness(Aaron) did have Cloverfield for me ......a poster lol
We are going to go see it next Wednesday, after the mayhem has died down a bit at the cinema.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Well just got back from seeing Cloverfield, the monster looked quite good and it was nice to see "new" actors in such a big film but to tell you the truth I felt rather let down, story was much the same as always, no explanation whatsoever about where the monster came from etc
Im glad I went to see it but if someone asked me about it Id say wait till it comes out on DVD. Ami and her bf went with us and they thought it was rubbish and from the way people were talking when they left the cinema we weren't the only ones disappointed.

Quote from Dave " Told you we should have gone to see St Trinians"

Typical lolol

Offline Profile