<  Chit-Chat  ~  cloverfield

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:41 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/medium.html

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:23 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
I don't get it?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:37 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Don't get what?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
The clip has being on youtube for awhile now. The kids found it. there's a couple of websites that are linking up with all the hype
www.ethanhasswasright.com
That's a gme apparently I have no idea how to play it but isn't there like a weird lion sort of alien in the orb?

www.ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com

Very odd. In the trailer if you listen it sounds like people are saying its like a giant lion, I only listened for it when someone pointed out thats that what they had heard, which led to them telling me that the original godzilla script had godzilla fighting an alien which was a chimera hybrid? think thats right, anyway the alien was meant to look like a winged lion.
So its maybe another Godzilla movie?

Looks cool :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:05 pm Reply with quote
New Godzilla....*hopes*

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
These websites are baffling...cant figure the game one out ....if you hover the mouse on the right hand side at the top of the screen the alphabet comes up ....which if you believe all the hype is connected to lovecraft novels....ie black magic etc and its the language of the Cthulhu.....looks like a big octopus and apparently will take over the world and destroy all mankind. A lot of the sites that seem to link up with the film apparently appeared the same time as the trailer ...its a very clever marketing ploy.
BTW you can get ethan hass was right/wrong t shirts on one of the websites yours for about $30! lol

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Been digging around and JJ Abrams (films producer) is saying the Ethanhaas sites are not connected, yet they appeared alongside the trailer....decoy perhaps?

Also. The trailer says "It's alive, it's huge." According to the majority of listeners.

So it's either a Cthulhu film (v. cool if done well), a Godzilla re-remake, or a totally separate plot

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:44 pm Reply with quote
There's a cthulhu film out now. It's showing at film festivals etc
www.cthulhuthemovie.com

Its based on Lovecraft's books, looks quite good.

www.imb.com
A film site with extra info on cloverfield....the thing is you dont know what info is being posted by to lead you up the wrong path lolol I've never being one to spend ages looking at film sites and reading message boards to see what people think but this film has me hooked now! LOL

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:01 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Godzilla is nothing without Rodan!

On the subject of Great Cthulhu, I recall a set of investigators who thought they would try to destroy him, deep in his ocean lair, by means of nuclear weapons.

The resultant explosion both woke and annoyed him, also granting him the new special ability "irradiate". Fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:37 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Trying to take on Cthulhu directly??? Not the best strategy. Best just to have an epiphany and go insane like a good investigator.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:17 am Reply with quote
It's officially called Cloverfield now. New trailer's up.

Looks like it might be some sort of tentacled infectious nightmare. Judging from the trailer it's immune to standard weapons fire and in one scene a victim "appears" to be fatally exapanding from the torso, possibly he/she was impregnated by said monster?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:13 am Reply with quote
Has anyone see this yet ?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:20 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 18Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:29 pm
Nope, but it looks intriguing

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:55 pm Reply with quote
I went with my son to watch the new alien/predator film earlier and they had the trailer to Cloverfield on, looks quite good. There was no UK release date for it .

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 18Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:29 pm
How was AvP? Didn't realised it had been released in the UK yet.
Must go and see it.

Offline Profile