<  Chit-Chat  ~  Just An Idea...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:34 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
I know we're running low on participants these days, but nonetheless I thought I'd run this idea past you guys.

Frank and I had an idea for a new thread and was wondering if we could get ideas/opinions from you all. Essentially the idea is this...

Kindred in the Old West. More specifically for our purposes, Kindred during the American Civil War.

Personally I've always found the 19th century fascinating. An open frontier and the idea of manifest destiny and infinite possibilities juxtaposed with the murder and rape of countless Native Americans. Wide open spaces and general lawlessness. Epic landscapes and dirty, deadly confrontation.

In those in the West work to survive and prosper, the East is increasingly tearing itself apart. The world as they had come to know it was being torn asunder. Life was about to change drastically and permanantly.

It's in this setting that our Kindred find themselves. Virtually all walks of (undead) life are touched by this great conflict, from the highest aristocrat to the lowest street brawler. Those of influence and wealth must find a way to maintain their station, and perhaps even profit from the slaughter. Those of a more barbarous nature can indulge their inner most instincts.

This is certainly not to say that every character has to throw on a uniform (although mine certainly will!) but it's up to you!

The setting, I think, would be 1861, after the war had started but the atrocities had yet to be realized. Perfect for a naive Kindred to get involved with.

Anyway, sound off!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
Interesting idea!

Would jump in if I could :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:32 pm Reply with quote
User avatarUnknownPosts: 117Location: ChicagoJoined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:24 pm
sign me up for this. I can't commit myself to massive amounts of participation, but it would be quite interesting to be involved...

esp with a new, fresh character

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:50 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Well that's definately a promising start!

I'm actually going to post as a secondary character of mine, enemy of Gabe's. A ruthless Gangrel named Gideon who will be the captain of a Union guerilla force who mercilessly torments and extorts the Southern populace.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
Gideon's a cool char!! Very nasty piece of work .

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:43 am Reply with quote
The way I'm heading with this is on the Native American side - I remember being fasinated with this subject at school. I've gotta get the character right in my head though before I post any more about them.

I want to do it properly. Its been so long since I wrote anything!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
What about the Horse Gangrel idea you had ages ago? Hooves instead of claws etc?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Frank, you read my mind.

That is the way I'm going

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:22 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Great minds think alike....

In that case you want a Tribe who are very much horse orientated.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm writing up the follow up post currently. Hopefully it'll take Red to a 'meeting spot' where your characters can jump in if they feel inclined. Red will follow Gideon and co. to Louisville, so I don't know if you folks want to brainstorm as to what your particular char would be doing in Louisville.

I know some of you have an aversion to wikipedia *coughs* FRANK *coughs* but here's some background info on Louisville during the Civil War.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisville_in_the_American_Civil_War

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Eh?

I use Wiki all the time lol

Offline Profile ICQ