<  Chit-Chat  ~  C'mon Guys!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:23 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Where IS everyone?!?!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:29 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
Trying to figure out how to finish my festering turd of a thread. :) Plus it's summer.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Hmmm...even PMed Frank but haven't heard anything from him for a week or so. :/

I know it's summer, but I mean...at least post meaningless shit in the OOC section!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
I'm here!!!

Busy at work and family life in general really, am usually on the computer on a night for awhile, even if its just to check emails.

Miss the IC postings though, not that I was much good lol just enjoyed it :)

we've, or should I say, dave and one of his mates has booked us a holiday, very nice of them you I hear you saying .....just one thing ....its in bloody Faliraki....greece's party resort!!! Nearly died when they told me but after a bit of research on the net it seems it not so much the wild scene it was a few years ago and is now trying for the more laid backed holiday. So no drug taking, binge drinking and sleeping around for me then !! lololol

All I can say is thankgod for that!!
other than that can't think of anything else that has happened really...ummmmmmm oh yup ....JJ ....Josh is crawling now! he's like a little ferret scuttling around....bless his cotton soxs:)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:39 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 25Location: Somewhere close to Bath's ChantryJoined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:40 am
*peeks back in*

Feeling a little nostalgic and was musing on starting up a ww2 setting story for Morathi, which would be while she's an inexperienced vampire based in Bath before she gets involved with the Astors, still researching it and working on a plot for it though.

And catching up on how everything else developed

Edgar Allen Poe
Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Ooooh...that would be nice. I often get nostalgic for vamp as well. :)

I'm still waiting on a free moment to work on my Civil War piece

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:23 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
I've finished the last Harry Potter book, now I am immune to spoilers.

Of course I can now be the spoiler myself.. mwahahaha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
except I know the ending too :)

*is reading all 7 books from scratch having never read them*

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:16 pm Reply with quote
**SPOILER ALERT**

Harry Potter knows magic.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:47 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 71Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:00 pm
Interesting.

"The courage of the Blue... The valour of the Grey."
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
Ami watched the film last night .....her film critic opinion is .....

" well that was a load of rubbish ...not what I expected...very boring...mum put he kettle on"

I started reading the first book and it muct be about the only book that Ive picked up once and not picked up again ...its not my cup of tea.

The latest on JJ, Boo aka Josh is that he now stands up on his own and will take a few steps when he can be bothered but hey ....why bother when uve got a nan to pick you up lolol He's 1 years old on the 25th august!! Bless him :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:07 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
[size=24:2b7b4251b1]EURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size:2b7b4251b1]

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:35 pm Reply with quote
I have YET to read a Harry Potter book. Not sure why...but maybe sooner or later I'll get around to it. My reading list is backed up already. Among my selected titles in line are:

Blood Meridian - Stirring Western set in Mexico about a youth who joins the infamous Glanton Gang who is hired by the Mexican government to scalp Apache Indians who have been terrifying the populace. The gang, comprised mainly of ex-soldiers and mercenaries, gets it's first taste of blood and goes on a full blown reign of terror, slaughtering indian and townfolk alike. I'm on the final 100 pages.

See No Evil - Ex-CIA Agent Robert Baer writes about his exploits in the middle east prior to 9/11 and critiques the politicking that is increasingly making its way into the intelligence field.

1942 - A chronicle of what the author calls "the most important year of the World War II" and how the tide had officially turned on the Axis Powers by its end.

Are We Rome? - An overall history and narrative of Rome's decline, juxtaposing the great empire against the American empire. The author points out similarities and themes that are present in both societies in hope that we may learn from Rome's mistakes and avoid her ugly demise.

After that...I'll probably pick up something by Stephen King. I've never read The Stand or any of his Dark Tower series.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:52 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
[quote:a7864a4f8c="Gabriel"]After that...I'll probably pick up something by Stephen King. I've never read The Stand or any of his Dark Tower series.[/quote:a7864a4f8c]

Don't bother... he doesn't know how to write endings. Stories with great build ups and fantastic plotlines end in frustratingly dissatisfying ways.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:02 pm Reply with quote
[quote:9891390640="Julius Darrant"][quote:9891390640="Gabriel"]After that...I'll probably pick up something by Stephen King. I've never read The Stand or any of his Dark Tower series.[/quote:9891390640]

Don't bother... he doesn't know how to write endings. Stories with great build ups and fantastic plotlines end in frustratingly dissatisfying ways.[/quote:9891390640]

Yeah I know. He is TERRIBLE at endings for the most part. IT is a prime example. My God...horrifying evil that has haunted us our entire lives...we are connected by a single sinister force, none of us knowing what it truly is...we must confront it! It's a big spider! Quick! Hit it with a rock!

Then again, I enjoyed the original Shining's ending, redemption and what not. In fact, The Shining remains one of my favorite books of all times. Terrifying!