<  Chit-Chat  ~  Heroes?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:47 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Anyone else watching this show? Not even sure if it's showing in the UK.

Basically it's about regular people who each 'evolve' to possess super powers. One guy finds out he can fly, another finds out her reflection is a separate entity that is awesomely viscious, another sees into the future, another can bend the time/space continuim (sp?).

Basically...it's just people trying to adjust to the insane circumstances they find themselves in. Pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:20 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
It's meant to arrive here shortly. Stef's usually pretty clued up on these things, he'll probably know.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:47 am Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
yep.. i watched it .. and loved it.. but up against Monday Night Football i coulnd't watch it anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:25 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Actually I never heard of this - new one on me. Sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:30 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
What's Television?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:51 am Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
Heroes is the best thing on TV right now, my favorite show by far.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:45 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
My husband loves it, I can't stand it! Not my cup of tea, you see. Works out well enough because the danged thing comes on an hour before my CSI. :D No TV squabbling. mwhahahhaha :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:22 am Reply with quote
OK - I sat last night and watched the first three episodes of this and am now qualified to comment (somewhat).

It does revolve around a number of characters. There's the chick (internet stripper) with the schizo thing going on who sees her nasty side in the mirror. Two brothers who can fly, of which one is running for congress or some shit, there's "Super Hiro", the japanese teleporting dude inserted for comic relief, there's the sunny blonde cheerleader who is wholly unremarkable except she seems to be able to recover from any injury and is essentially immortal and there's the painter who paints the future every time he shoots up on heroin. Oh yeah and the fat dumb (but telepathic) cop.

All of which is very jolly, but already we are starting to see undertones of some kind of conspiracy or secret organization in the background, no news on that cos it's very shady and I've no information to share.

Finally there is a clear villain. We've seem his handiwork and he appears to be a telekinetic serial killer. Then again he seems to have a number of other powers as well. No doubt it will take the combined might of everyone else to deal with him.

None of them have met up yet and they aren't wearing body hugging lycra suits or other rediculous costimes yet, but who knows.

For right now, it's fairly light, but with hints of something quite dark in the background. We've not seen much violence, but we have seen the aftermath of some extreme violence. The serial killer is quite inventive. I suspect it can only get darker from here. It's also been pretty intense. The 2nd and 3rd episodes, constituting 90 mins of TV seemed only to run for 30 mins as it held my attention quite strongly.

I'll be watching next week.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:49 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
My roomie is sufficiently obsessed...as for me? No real interest any longer. Watched a few episodes...meh. I'll stick to Rome, The Sopranos, and Lost.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:51 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
[quote:c3e76cc6e7="Gabriel"]My roomie is sufficiently obsessed...as for me? No real interest any longer. Watched a few episodes...meh. I'll stick to Rome, The Sopranos, and Lost.[/quote:c3e76cc6e7] Ewwww @ Sopranos and Rome!

Lost *sniff*

Heroes *me want, ME WANT!*

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quote
[quote:528fec250e="Gabriel"]and Lost.[/quote:528fec250e]

*yawn* I hope you all die of starvation on your dull little island.

Yes...Lost is dull...however, I've watched it over 2 seasons and supposedly there's only two seasons left. So I can hang on that long.

It's gotten so bad though...so boring....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
I still don't know what TV is. Does it involve beer? Or Jazz?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:10 pm Reply with quote
It can involve either of those things.