<  Chit-Chat  ~  Christ...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
I am turning into an absolute nutjob. I hate my job with the entirity of my being. I mean I loathe it. Each and every day gets a little worse. It's a remedial job that a trained monkey could do, I get paid practically nothing, and the only excuse I have for staying is that it provides me with virtually no challenge.

But now it's getting worse each day. I find myself depressed over it. I woke up half an hour early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep I was so distraught over it. I hate this job with a fiery passion. I'm 25 and have absolutely nil work experience. This job is a joke, and the fact that I've been there for so long is the punchline. What do I say to a potential employer?

I have to get another job...one where I actually have responsabilities. I have to get a job where I actually DO something. I'm miserable. And it's getting worse.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Ummm jesus man you're one of the smartest guys I know. You should have no trouble getting sumthin' decent

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Thanks mate. I appreciate it.

Was just having an off morning was all. Woke up at 5:30 AM (didn't have to be up till 6) and couldn't go back to sleep because I was just so angry and upset at myself for staying at this shite job.

I'm at work now and am searching desperately for new positions...I'm just kind of in a crossroads, because I'd prefer to do something within my area of expertise but for another 3 months I'm not a college graduate. Sooo...I kind of don't qualify for most of those positions. I'd LOVE to take anything entry level and just get started on my career path.

But all is well. The bright side is that I'm not settling for comfort, I'm actually ready to take flight. Oh and I bought my tickets for Amsterdam!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
How long til you go?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:09 pm Reply with quote
About three weeks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Wow! How long for? Two weeks?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Nah, about a week.

8 days specifically. It's finalized and we're off to party in Europe and be ugly Americans!

I think I'm gonna insult local culture and dismiss foreign opinions! Oh boy!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Go get 'em tiger!

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Of course, there is one or two things I will NOT be doing. Namely inhaling any small, green, smokeable plants.

So you ready for your Bahamas?

Online w/ ya ya git!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
Life is too short to spend any of it doing a job you hate or think is beneath your potential and ability,sadly that attitude doesn't pay the bills so stick at it James, I'm sure something better will come along shortly.
Fortunately I love my job to bits and wouldn't swop it for anything....oh wait maybe if we won the lottery I'd be tempted to hand my notice in lololol
My Ami and her Bf go to Amsterdam on the 23rd of this month just for the weekend away though, well that's what they told me ....Im babysitting Josh for them ...hmmmmmm think I'd better check their tickets out to make sure it is just for the weekend lololol

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:38 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Given you've just finished edumakating, you tell any potential employer that you were doing a shit job to fund your studies and now you are qualified and ready for a proper job.

As an employer, that would say to me that I had someone who could stick out and hold down a job and also someone with appropriate (I assume) knowledge.