<  Chit-Chat  ~  Maybe?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:11 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
http://virtual-economy.org/blog/world_of_darkness_mmo_ccp_merg

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Now THAT would be awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:48 am Reply with quote
User avatarEndeavor Mod LeaderPosts: 142Location: Lacey, WAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am
There is a discussion on this at the planetvampire forum

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetvampire/forum.asp?fid=23753

14 pages of ideas and arguements. Personally, I'm not big on WoD as an MMO unless they can capture the true horror element of that world. Most MMO games are about level thrashing (bash bash bash. LEVEL UP!). I sure hope the MMO of WoD is not going to be like this.

I suspect it will.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:39 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Ahhh but few MMO's would have the RPing community the WoD has. I mean look how die hard it's fans are. Even if it was a levelling fest there'd be hundreds of people RPing their way up.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:43 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
Oh good lord. I hope this won't actually be good, otherwise I'd be tempted to quit my job, dump my girlfriend, and hide in my computer room in a virtual vampy world again. I don't need temptation like that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:56 pm Reply with quote
My only worry.....

It'd be separate US and UK servers so I'd never see you guys :(

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:00 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Bollocks to that as you chaps say.

But nonetheless...good times. Besides, I'm sure there's ways around the server issue.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:13 am Reply with quote
User avatarEndeavor Mod LeaderPosts: 142Location: Lacey, WAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am
[quote:5f1bc4732a="Porter"]Ahhh but few MMO's would have the RPing community the WoD has. I mean look how die hard it's fans are. Even if it was a levelling fest there'd be hundreds of people RPing their way up.[/quote:5f1bc4732a]

That's what I'm afraid of. Our greatest horrors will be the cheapies in the lobby doing cyber and comparing penus sizes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:52 pm Reply with quote
[quote:bf2b1fe3d3="Rainmoon"][quote:bf2b1fe3d3="Porter"]Ahhh but few MMO's would have the RPing community the WoD has. I mean look how die hard it's fans are. Even if it was a levelling fest there'd be hundreds of people RPing their way up.[/quote:bf2b1fe3d3]

That's what I'm afraid of. Our greatest horrors will be the cheapies in the lobby doing cyber and comparing penus sizes.[/quote:bf2b1fe3d3] Nothing new there then ;)

Offline Profile ICQ