<  Chit-Chat  ~  Attention...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:41 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
...to all students or possible students...a bit of observational opinion.

So...there I was, my last final on Thursday at 7 PM EST (that's this evening, roughly 16 hours from now) and I'm thinking...

'Self..you've been in school SIX YEARS and have never spent the night at school pulling an all nighter! You've never stayed up in the main building just reading and writing, studying and rockin' it. This is likely your last REAL semester. After this you'll just have one class...one measely class! You should really pull it off just for the experience.'

So I did. Now I'm at school...and I'm about to commit suicide. This is the most excrutiatingly dull thing I've ever experienced. And the worst part? Even when I try to doze off I can't. Just CAN'T.

Ug...anyway, don't do it. Go home, get sleep, get up early, study then. Back to the grindstone...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:52 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
All nighters are, by and large, complete wastes of time, unless there are large amounts of alcohol, beautiful women (or woman if you are taken such as I), loud music, and laughter and general merriment going on.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:53 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Oh yeah...I made it until about 4 AM. Then I thought..."F it." and went home. Now I'm back at school and waiting around once more.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:51 am Reply with quote
User avatarSetitePosts: 68Location: New YorkJoined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:54 am
So ... was the all nighter worth it or did it end up being a complete waste of time?

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:25 am Reply with quote
Guess it worked. 3 A's and a B.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:43 am Reply with quote
User avatarSetitePosts: 68Location: New YorkJoined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:54 am
Awesome job! I have ONE more semester. Student teaching plus a geography course and then I'm done. I love teaching, so this is going to be a cake walk.

It's crazy to look back at where I was in life when I started to talking to some of you guys, and I look at where I am now and life is completely different. Time goes by WAY too fast. I'm getting old :(

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM