<  Chit-Chat  ~  Scariest SciFi villain?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:09 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
My vote goes to Firefly's "Reavers". Draped in mystery and rumour with a reality that's all too frightening and more than matches the stories told about them. Fucking insanely aggressive, utterly barbaric body piercings and cannibalistic to boot!

*shudders* Just watched episode 3 "Bushwacked" and my god I was freaked out!

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:41 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Stop watching Firefly and get online you doofus!!!!

And my vote STILL goes with Vader.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:19 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Vader wasn't scary! He was COOL!

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:24 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
The Reavers ARE pretty cool. GET ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:42 am Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
I second the Vader vote

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:56 am Reply with quote
VentruePosts: 102Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:57 pm
i second vader being cool and not scary....

im goin ol school with freddie, that mother fucker gets in your dreams and kills you...yeah nightmares suck bad enough w/o dying huh?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:31 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
The reavers are cool simply by virtue of them being in Firefly.

Love love LOVE that series/film.

Hate that there won't be more. It's so hard to break new sci-fi into the marketplace these days. Firefly just so rocks.

Sci-Fi villains though, so many.

Maximillian from the Black Hole is an excellent one, with the rotaty blender hands.

We might laugh now, at some of the old Dr. Who bad guys, but when they first appeared, they were true objects of terror. The Dr. Who genre had a reputation of having people hiding behind sofas... because they really did!!

Darth Vader never really scared me, for all his eldritch powers, he's really quite a cartoony character, sort of like a comic book super villain. Indeed, his creation from Anakin, left dying in the lake of fire to being encased in his mechanised suit is very reminiscent of some of the "thus was born Captain Evil" type stories from DC and Marvel.

I'm going to base my choice very carefully. We've all seen this character numerous times now and it's become almost commonplace, we know what to expect and so we have become jaded to the experience.

However - you should all remember the first time you saw it, creeping from it's good ridden egg. I hope nobody warned you what was coming... First of all it eats its way out of John Hurt and then it seems to hide in every single shadow. Edge of seat suspense, horror, adrenaline laden. The nightmare has come to life and lurks in the darkness waiting for you to pass by. Rending, killing, maiming for no reason but that it is its nature to do so.

The later films all got a bit silly and jaded us to the power of this beast, almost making it seem commonplace and a bit cuddly. We even start to want it to win... but the first time around, it is only fearful.

My vote - Alien

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm....I'll go with that. Alien wins just for its first movie alone. Mysterious, elusive, wickedly dead, and strangely arachnid.

Terrifying.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Until the final scene where it steps out of the shadows and reveals itself to be a rubber suit :(

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:28 pm Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
Reavers.

They rape you.

Don't care about the rest they do either (dismembering, eating, whatever)...they're the only sci-fi villains I know that actually, literally...R-A-P-E you.

Dude.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:32 pm Reply with quote
User avatarBrujahPosts: 34Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:01 pm
never watched evil dead did you here kahn? Some of the villains in that set of movies did the rape thing. My vote goes with pinhead. I mean... the bastard carved up his head and stuck fecking needles in it. Thats scary just for a start.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Saw Evil Dead at age 7 at a friend's birthday party.

Following 2 weeks were filled with screaming nightmare after screaming nightmare... :shock:

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:41 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
Personally, I thought that weird salt monster thingy from the original star trek was pretty scary. It made me have nightmares when I first saw it and I couldn't look at the TV when the closing credits were on for Star Trek. Of course, I was only 5 when I first saw that so that might have something to do with it.

The baddies in Alien are pretty scary.

ACTUALLY.... the evil pastor from Poltergeist 2 was pretty scary I thought.

He gave me the creeps. Still does.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:17 am Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
I saw Army of Darkness.... i thought that was more funny than scary...and purposefuly so

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:33 pm Reply with quote
VentruePosts: 102Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:57 pm
well if reavers rape you then theyve got my vote...Never heard of them but yeah thats pretty scary

Offline Profile