<  Chit-Chat  ~  N. Korea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
[url=http://uk.news.yahoo.com/09102006/356/n-korea-carries-nuclear-test.html]Thoughts?[/url]

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:06 am Reply with quote
User avatarEvil yet deliciousPosts: 164Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:49 am
I wonder if they are really prepared to use these weapons, or if it is just a threat and this test is their way of proving they are armed. It's difficult not to be hypocritical and say they shouldn't do it, while we stand by and ignore France, UK, USA, Pakistan, India, Russia etc.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:00 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
That's how I see it. I mean France tested illegally on the Pacific islands a few years back and noone said much.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
So?

Since when do two wrongs make a right? Especially in the hands of an aggressor country like N. Korea. And no, bringing up Iraq does NOT prove USA is an aggressor country. There's a clear difference that even anti-Americanism can't disprove.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Who mentioned Iraq?

N. Korea is in no position to be aggressive. It lacks ICBM's for one. For another it's surrounded on all sides by technically superior military forces.

What do you suggest? ANOTHER invasion?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:48 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
I suggest economic sanctions and the threat of temporarily withdrawing from 6 party talks. If aggressive behavior continues military force is definately an option to bring to the security council.

I only brought up Iraq because it's the go-to card whenever Americans bring up aggressive behavior from other countries. In any case, yes, military invasion is an option. I don't want our country to go it alone (although oddly, that's what the rest of the world seems to want, unilateral diplomacy from the U.S.) but you can't count it out.

Unlike Iraq, this is a country that DOES pose a threat. And they most definately have viable military options themselves. They've repeatedly launched test missles aimed at intimidating their neighbors and have made VERY clear their hostile intent (although it's mostly just sabre rattling IMHO). They've also worked dilligently on creating a missle that has the range to hit the United States and latest reports confirm they've achieved that goal. It's called the Taep O-Dong II (yes, dong). It's in the testing phase, but won't take long to perfect. With nuclear weaponry and ICBM's N. Korea is EVERYONE'S problem.

Kim Jong Ill is already starving his people, it's time we starve him.

Last edited by Gabriel on Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:50 pm Reply with quote
That we agree on.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:14 am Reply with quote
User avatarEvil yet deliciousPosts: 164Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:49 am
Ditto.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:17 am Reply with quote
User avatarBrujahPosts: 34Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:01 pm
north korea could pose a problem. it seems to me that they have a truly massive inferiority complex, and, more importantly, they have nukes. Nuclear weapons, regardless of range, are a threat to the entirety of the world, radiation, fall out, etc, all causes serious, widespread after effects.

also, yes, we ignored france. But then again, should we make the same mistake a second time? No.

All the others? I don't know. I don't care. Make the same mistake repeatedly without learning from it, and sooner or later, it will kill you.

Also - North Korea has pretty much said they hate us. They also hate those around them. I hope the USA doesn't have to do this alone. If the USA does this alone... without REAL support from the rest of the world, the solution is liable to be violent.