<  Chit-Chat  ~  Future Temptations

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:33 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Hahaha.

I actually got drunk last night (which I've been holding off of, but hey, it was a Skins game!) and developed a NASTY headache. Not even a hangover, this was before I had gone to bed! It was so awful...

...my head was pounding. It made any of Kahn's uh...stress relief method...impossible. I had to just throw back a few Advil, drink as much water as possible, and hit the sack.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Your own bed this time I hope? ;)

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:54 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Ahem...yes.

Prick.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:29 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
:: PUDDLES :: *wipes tears away from above convo and Khem;s [b:1fe2222bd0]very[/b:1fe2222bd0] astute observation*

Actually, shingles is a mild form of Herpes, as are cold sores. So is chicken pox, so don't panic at the word. Anyone who's had them has Herpes. It's a matter of type. However, I'm glad it's just that and not the possibility of Scabies. THAT I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Welcome to the world of BP, Frank. I hope yours was caught in the early stages, like mine was. Easier to treat it that way and keep it under control. Wanna cry on my shoulder about it, I'm an ear that knows where of you speak. :) HUGS and try NOT to stress yourself [b:1fe2222bd0]too[/b:1fe2222bd0] much. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:34 pm Reply with quote
VentruePosts: 102Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:57 pm
Im also thinking about join ing the peace core....After some school...Or maybe not...maybe i will start school as a 27 year old freshman

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:01 pm Reply with quote
The Army and THEN Peace Corp? Man...that'll leave you just about even won't it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Aren't the Peace Corp like the Sally army?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:39 pm Reply with quote
They put you up in a third world country to do shit like teach english, uild houses, helbhabitats ect....Yeah a Salley army for the most part. We dont do peace demonstrations or shit like that....They rather. You get payed the avg cost of living in wherever your located. So not much usually. But you get 6k after your done...woo-hoo...I think it could be fun. I contacted a recruiter the other day. I dont know if it will make me even but its something that seriously interests me. Specially if I can go to china...they have people there teaching english..I really want to learn an additional language

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:19 pm Reply with quote
You go for it mate!

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:11 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
[i:2b485cebca] Gets back to the original post [/i:2b485cebca]

Bars and restaurants. I ran them for years and am well acquainted with the business. Depending upon where you are going to locate said bar or restaurant will dictate how it will work. However, in New York State at least, the average life expectancy for a stand alone bar is 2 years and they rarely make enough to break even. What with liquor licenses and taxes and all that shite, they suck you dry. I dunno where you live Syd, but if you only have $15,000 a bar is prolly not the right thing. A restaurant with a bar, in the nature of a brew pub.... a bit more expensive but much more marketable. If you are going to school presently, you can say goodbye to your education as running one of those is a 26 hour/day job. Plus if you ran most of the day to day operations yourself, your over head is lowered. If I had $15K floating around I'd invest it in something or pay off a large chunk of debt. Just my opinion of course.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Right well Im debt free currently.. Investing is obviously a strong possiblity. Though I may Only have 15,000 I'm sure there is a bank out there willing to lend money to someone to open up a business. I havent looked fully into it as is difficult from where im currently standing, but I will as soon as possible...Thank you all for your constructive criticisim, Ill take it into acount. And it may be a 26 hour a day job, but currently work a 48 day job, I think you may understimate my resolve.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:50 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Syd, the BBB (Better Business Bureau) has classes that will provide you with valuable information on starting up a business of your own and may even have them for investing, for all I know. At least, my town does. Largely because people have no concept of how to go about doing it as well as dispelling most of the myths that go with such an undertaking.

If I'm correct, one of the things you will need to even get them, OR a bank, to back your endeavor, is a well-thought out proposal (typed up, preferably) and 5 yr. budget for your new undertaking. Any sensible lending institution operates like that and probably won't talk to you even if you do have that much money to sink into the operation. The more you are prepared (even a study of where you'd like to set it up and it's impact on the community will make them take you quite seriously!) the better their reception of your ideas and goals.

My daughter is also trying to get her own massage therapy business going (now that she's finally gotten her license to practice!) and she's had to figure in printing costs for hand-out cards, advertising and worked out how she's going to keep her overhead costs down to the least amount. It all sounds glamorous and easy but the truth is, it takes more than most realize. Not trying to put you down on it, just trying to keep things on a practical level. It can be done, just takes a lot of thinking and planning of the details. :D

I wish you the best on your project. :shock: :D