<  Chit-Chat  ~  Scariest SciFi villain?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:19 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Actually they generally rape you to death, eat your tender bits, then sew your skin into new clothing.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
I think the reavers are most violent sci-fi villains... actually, they aren't really villains at all, now I come to think about it.

The true villains are those who made the reavers. The reavers are as much victims as anyone else.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Ok now we're talking pedantry, the Alien isn't a villain either. It's merely a highly efficient predator doing what it must to survive.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:32 am Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
[quote:52c15e2730="Porter"]Actually they generally rape you to death, eat your tender bits, then sew your skin into new clothing.[/quote:52c15e2730]

HOPEFULY IN THAT ORDER!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:49 am Reply with quote
It's more fun to include pedantry.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:52 am Reply with quote
Awww I was hoping pedantry wasn't a word, therefore be required of a pedantic reply.

Bugger.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:46 pm Reply with quote
User avatarBrujahPosts: 34Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:01 pm
in evil dead one.... well, a chick got raped by a tree. Nuff said. Army of darkness... yeah, thats the movie that made you realize that they figured out they were better off making spoofs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:53 pm Reply with quote
User avatarSetitePosts: 13Location: Colorado, USAJoined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:05 pm
But then again, was Evil Dead really Sci-Fi? ED was more horror/comedy than sci-fi, although in the 3rd one they did incorporate time travel which could be seen as sci-fi.

I think I would have to go with what was said before about early Dr. Who villains. Like the Cybermen, they are scary because they were men. They show what can happen if technology is pushed too far in the wrong direction. They are semi (and I use this term lightly) plausible in real life, in the directions and advances we are making in technology.

Offline Profile ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:27 am Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
Put a Vampire into space.. then we get the the si-fi label.. and on this site.. you better say that vampires in space are the best and scariest villians ever....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:34 am Reply with quote
User avatarSetitePosts: 13Location: Colorado, USAJoined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:05 pm
No, I've seen Vampires in space... watch Dracula 3000. I'm sorry but those vamps in space are the furthest thing from scary since Hello Kitty.

Offline Profile ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:00 am Reply with quote
Hello Kitty..... :shock: *shudders*

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quote
[quote:12053e57d0="Javert"]No, I've seen Vampires in space... watch Dracula 3000. I'm sorry but those vamps in space are the furthest thing from scary since Hello Kitty.[/quote:12053e57d0]

Space Vampires can be quite hot though.

The following page contains links to pics of nude hottie space vampire[1]
[size=18:12053e57d0][url=http://einsiders.com/reviews/videorisks/lifeforce.php]Lifeforce (1985)[/url]
[/size:12053e57d0]
A truly mind bogglingly bad film, so bad it's excellent, and featuring another spectacular performance by the slightly talented Patrick Stewart.

Not vampires in the traditional sense, perhaps but certainly feeding off the life force of people in order to maintain their own state of existance.

[1] Face it, you've already clicked on the link and see Mathilda May's assets before even reading this far down the page, haven't you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, so she's hot, but that doesn't mean that she is scary. Pretty much any time the ship a monster to space they lose all scariness. To examine that further just look at these examples:

Hellraiser: Bloodlines
Jason X
Dracula 3000
Leprechaun 4: In Space

None of these can be considered scary anymore, space ruins all classic monster characters. Maybe it is the lack of oxygen up there. The only exception is if the creatures are actually from outer space, like the Xenomorphs, Predators, etc. Aliens can still be scary, but as a general rule Space makes monsters comical. Granted the movies themselves are scary, but that is only because they actually got made and have nothing to do with the monsters. Sorry, got carried away on a rant, somebody just smack me next time I do that.

Offline Profile ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:01 pm Reply with quote
[quote:459c3bfc63="Javert"]Yeah, so she's hot, but that doesn't mean that she is scary.[/quote:459c3bfc63]

I never said she was scary, I said she was hot :)