<  Chit-Chat  ~  should i shoot the bitch?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:01 am Reply with quote
VentruePosts: 102Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:57 pm
So as most of you know ive taken up residence in Baghdad. Real estate is cheap and they have good public schools. Plus the people here are nice and your alwas only seconds away from a waterless beach.

Seriously though boredom does set in obviously and we do resort to somewhat primal festivities. The question is how do barbaric do civilians think them. These are Three to think about:

1) Pissing contest....nothing gay about that right
2) Scorpion fights
3) Shooting dogs

I mainly bring up this topic for the 3rd engagement. You may think that we are out here killing poop Hooch, but there seriously is an overpopulation of street muts...There mangy and cary disease. At first I myself had quams with such activities, however it was brought to my attention that a lot are starving and cary disease and early on in my deployment I thought. If you cant kill a dog then how do you expect to kill a human? I thus made a few rules

1: If The dog has pups I wont kill it
2: If the Dog has droopy as titties like its had pups, I dont kill it
3: If the dog is incredibly adorable I wont kill it (never happens)'
4: If god himself comes down to stop me, I wont kill the dog.

Now how horrible do you think of me
lol

T

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:40 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Personally I'd rather kill a human than kill a dog...something about animals is innocent in my eyes....

Here's my option....kill the people (thus ending the war) and instead spend the US/UK millions ridding the dogs of disease, leaving them in peace to eat their former oppressors (people) and maybe in 20,000 yrs they'll evolve and become our canine allies in the future.

lol j/k

But seriously. I couldn't do it. I'm too soft and "Western" for it. It's like the dog eating practises of the Koreans....I'd LOVE to slaughter every fucker there that caged or hurt a dog....hypocritical as fuck considering my country butchers cattle every second but hey :/

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:34 am Reply with quote
VentruePosts: 102Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:57 pm
I see what your saying. No matter what you will associate 'dog' with 'your dog.' But these lil fucks just aint pups. They're a bunch o fuckin Cujo's. I'm an animal lover as much as the next guy, but over here they arent pets. They're game. They travel in packs and have lil doggy gand turf wars. They bark and yelp all damn night. Its worse then the mortars or bullets when your tryin to sleep. I was on guard the other night,. trying to jam out to some music and the bastaards started into it. 20 something dogs barking all over the fucking place feeding off each others woofes....I dont know why the hell they bark so damn much its not like they have a comprehensive fucking language the lil shits. I seriously wish i couldve sen them so i couldve "wet em up"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:30 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Hmmmm not sold on the mass slaughter thing. End of the day, the dogs didn't ask to be left on the streets or diseased, ma made them that way....

Seems to me that humanity is the root of all evil :/

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:41 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
You perplex me Frank'n'beans. You're a declared athiest, correct? So how can there be no evil if there's no higher power. I mean if everything follows science and rationality then "good" and "evil" are mere concepts, human constructs as it were. So in REALITY there's only nature and the laws that govern her.

Ergo, humans are only working with the tools nature gave them (ie. higher reasoning) and functioning as they were designed to. It's like a zebra wandering among a pride of lions. When those lions tear that fucker to shreds, it's not "evil" but merely their function.

A better example (if only because it distinctly lacks the food chain approach) might be animals to fight over territorial boundries or social roles. When two silverback gorillas pound and growl at one another, are they evil and greedy? No, they're natural.

Sorry to rant...but I take particular issue at this whole "human beings are evil" ESPECIALLY from an athiest standpoint. Not an attack...I just can't follow the logic.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Good and Evil have nothing to do with Religion. Like you said they're "Human" concepts.

Being an Atheist doesn't mean I don't see things as good or evil, it just means I don't recognise a so called Deity pulling the strings.

We could discuss the semantics of it all our lives.

A lion kills because it is in its nature to do so. It does it out of a survival instinct.

We, however, do it for every reason but. Greed, hate, lust, insanity..etc etc. These are "evils".

Logic has sod all to do with human action. We're illogical to the extreme.

To use your example again. A lion is a creature of logic. I hunger therefore I kill. I fear therefore I run.

Humans kill each other every day but we're SUPPOSED to be highly evolved sentient intelligent beings. My point was that we conveniently try and hide our actions under talk of fighting for territory or belief. When in fact we do so out of irrational evil.

You can't compare us to animals no more than you can compare a virus to a preon.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:45 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Yeah but what's a highly evolved sentient being? How is greed, hate, lust, etc any different than love, generosity, etc? They're all chemical reactions in our minds. Electric synapse. How is that any better or worse than anything? Why is evolution cause for a different set of standards (again, human constructs) than any other animal?

I mean...you disagree that we're animals? Isn't that recognizing some sort of divine spark? Are we more human than neanderthals?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I never said we aren't animals. I said we should accept that we have the ability to make things better instead of worse. It is in our NATURE to advance and improve, not simply destroy. It's the choice that makes it evil.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:58 pm Reply with quote
How is it in our nature to be good and make things better? Seems pretty clear that it's not. Or mankind clearly hasn't followed his/her nature since conception. Maybe we should re-evaluate.

I think it's more likely it's in our nature to try and improve our own PERSONAL situation. Food chain Franky. Just like the animals.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:00 pm Reply with quote
If that WAS the reason then I'd agree. But c'mon you can't say things like 9/11, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ed Bundy, the KKK, Hitler etc are all attempts at ensuring your place in the Food Chain.

If growth and creation weren't in our nature we would still be living up trees eating grubs and fruit.

We choose to slaughter each other. We don't do it out of necessity.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:04 pm Reply with quote
You're taking that food chain comment a bit more literal than I had anticipated. Not so much about food chain, but it's about self interest. Human beings, as highly evolved creatures, manifest more desires than the simple eat, sleep, poop, mate regiment of other animals.

So...we have desires for comfort, power, etc. It's not survival per se, but attainment of our goals. It's an evolved form of animal nature.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:05 pm Reply with quote
So is making your territory a nicer place to live :)

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Not for others though. Last time I checked, elephants didn't DO charity work.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:26 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
[quote:21289406aa="Porter"] But c'mon you can't say things like 9/11, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ed Bundy, the KKK, Hitler etc [/quote:21289406aa]

I HEREBY INVOKE GODWIN'S LAW!

http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

This thread is therefore finished and Frank has lost the argument.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:07 am Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
I'm not religious at all. My family is somewhat catholic, although not orthodox at all...... but me? I don't care. I don't know if there is a God. I don't care, I don't need him to be there... if he is, cool, if he's not...cool.

I guess the "belief" that molds itself better to my set of ideas is Agnosticism. I prefer agnostic, yeah.

So... that means sqaut, I know...just introducing myself to the thread thing here. Even if he techincally lost cause of the Hitler Law thing (which is SO true, btw) I have to second Frank.

Humans can choose NOT to kill. Easy as that. They can rationalize the situation say "hey... you know what, that dude over there shooting at me probably has a family that cares for him and a dog or something... Why does he need to die, again?"

Ok...maybe that soldier thing was a bad example...cause well, maybe he DOES need to shoot to...not get shot. Wars should be contained to video games.....

I digress.

Um....so.... yeah. I forgot why, but I was nodding to Frank's posts and saying "but...but--" with Gabey's. So... yeah. I'll go to bed now.

I still love you both oodles and oodles.