<  Chit-Chat  ~  Breakfast anyone?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:20 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Good GOD I'm American!

What in the holy hell in a rasher?!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:09 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Ummm a piece of bacon?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:16 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Oh...it's synomous with piece?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:22 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
*shrugs* I dunno.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:26 pm Reply with quote
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashers]Rashers[/url]

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:55 pm Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
up untill last week i never had to get up early enough to eat breakfast..
i mean when you get moving around 10:30 why bother with morning food.. just go straiight to lunch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:08 am Reply with quote
User avatarEvil yet deliciousPosts: 164Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:49 am
Gah! I missed breakfast this morning... how will I make it through to lunch??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:36 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Well, with my new diabetes diet, I tend ot eat cottage cheese (4%, none of the LOW FAT crap!) with fruit and a little bit of juice from the can on it. Peferably pears but peaches or pineapple works. Now, this usually satisfies my sweet craving for the day and is a lovely, pleasant way to wake up to the day. As well as being a reward for having to prick FOUR or FIVE of my fingers just to get a sampling of my blood!! :(

Anyway, that's IF I have it in house. If I don't, I'll got for, low-to-no sugar cereals (like shredded wheat), lean pockets (when on sale and I can get away with it), or (my favorite!) onion/maple cured sausage links (cut into bit-sized pieces)/scrambled eggs topped with shredded mild cheese.

I avoid most other things as having too many carbs in them and, therefore, completely off of my list of edible items. :shock:

I'll usually acccompany that with my Robinsons (imported straight from England!) orange-pineapple juice, which is the ONLY juice I can get away with that only has .09 grams of carbs in 4 cups! :D Either that or a can of diet Coke. Again, other items are just no-nos. *sigh*

If I'm really naughty or can't find any of the above, I'll cheat and eat Frosted Flakes or Cinnamon Life Cereal. Gads, I've confessed and now must do 2 laps around the block!! :?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Aww...the only thing I ever ate from England was fish'n'chips and mince meat pie (that I quickly vomitted up).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:32 pm Reply with quote
[quote:edac895260]Aww...the only thing I ever ate from England was fish'n'chips and mince meat pie (that I quickly vomitted up).[/quote:edac895260]

LMFAO!

Breakfast for on a work day consists of cereal and fruit juice.

On a day off it's either cereal or a poached egg. However when visiting my folks it expands to become a Mother's Special ie...

Bacon, Sliced/Lorne sausage, linked sausage, tattie scone, fried egg, beans, black pudding and occasionally clootie dumpling slices aka Heart failure on a plate :) Still, it tastes fucking fantastic :D

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Why does your mother not serve haggis for breakfast?

There's nothing finer in the whole of Scotland than haggis for breakfast, dunked in the runny yolk of a perfectly fried egg.

I remember I was heading back from Glen Coe early one morning and after a relatively sleepless night in the Youth Hostel just up the road from the Clachaig[1] and was in DIRE NEED OF A SERIOUS BREAKFAST!

And there wasn't anywhere open for miles and miles... and it must have been another 90 minutes driving before we found anywhere. A big sign "Full Scottish Breakfast." Nearly crashed the car in my eagerness to stop and park and EAT!

Bacon, Square sausage, eggs, beans, everything.. and the haggis... heaven.. and piles of toast...

and I'll never forget the lass in the place asking where we were from and we told her we were from Bradford in West Yorkshire.

She nodded sagely and said... "Aye, well at least your not from down south."

So... clearly we're evil Englishmen.. but at least we're not southerners.. hehe.

[1] Great pub situated next to an enormous mountain.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Actually we rarely ate haggis back home. It was kept for Burn's nights and the like.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:20 am Reply with quote
User avatarEvil yet deliciousPosts: 164Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:49 am
[quote:bf160482f3="Julius Darrant"]... Bacon, Square sausage, eggs, beans, everything.. and the haggis... heaven.. and piles of toast...[/quote:bf160482f3]

Square sausage? That reminds me of a drunken conversation I had with a girlfriend recently. I can't remember how it came about but she said that a colleague had confided in her that he wanted to "invent" square sausages. I replied that I was pretty sure someone had already invented them. This sparked a heated debate which centred around the fact that square sausages (to our knowledge) do not exist in Australia. I reached for the iBook, as you do, and googled "square sausage". That's how we found Abe Froeman's [url=http://www.smalloranges.com/sausage]website[/url]. He is the sausage king of Chicago. More drunken debate was had, as well as some too-loud drunken chanting "ABE FROEMAN IS THE SAUSAGE KING OF CHICAGO!!! ABE FROEMAN IS THE SAUSAGE KING OF CHICAGO!!! ABE FROEMAN IS THE SAUSAGE KING OF CHICAGO!!!" It was around this time that her designated-driver-husband pointed out that the website we'd hit was a parody (based on a character from Ferris Bueller's Day Off). Never were two very drunk girls so bitterly disappointed. It was like finding out there is no Santa. Heh. Square sausages indeed.

That is all.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:23 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 40Location: San FranciscoJoined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:42 am
Wha....you mean Abe Froeman is [i:589bb11add]not[/i:589bb11add] the sausage king of Chicago? And whats this about Santa?!? I am telling the Eater Bunny on you! And the Tooth Fairy!

Offline Profile