<  Chit-Chat  ~  Stupid frikkin' climate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:17 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
So... we have the only climate which requires gritters.

In every other nation which has snow, they don't put salt on all the roads, it's cold, the snow won't melt, what's the point.

But now... get this... it's so hot they are gritting the roads, with the same salt, because the roads are melting....

Bizarre.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:01 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
I'm afraid mankind has finally put the deathnail in the coffin. It's been near 100 degrees most of this week. You can't walk from the car to the apartment without breaking a sweat and being exhausted.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:42 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Nature's revenge eh?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
we went to the beach today....gob bless Bridlington when its warm. It was a gorgeous 78 degrees....quite cool compared to the inland areas.

Apparently the government are thinking about setting up cooling zones like are in place in new York at the moment, just until the heatwave is over. A few schools in york have shut down as they dont want the responsibility of the children suffering from heatstroke/ sunburn.

I love the hot weather now all I need to do is to think of a way that I can do my job while sat on a beach lolol

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:15 pm Reply with quote
User avatarEvil yet deliciousPosts: 164Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:49 am
My number one tip for staying cool while at home when it is eleventy hundred degrees out: wear a wet tshirt. It doesn't have to be soaking wet, just wet enough so it clings to your skin. You can thank me later :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:26 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
My tip for not minding the heat on a hot day? Hide outside Bats window when she's in a wet t-shirt. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:32 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
That's MORE likely to get you even hotter to the point where your blood rushes south and you pass out falling to the street below :P

*has always thought Batty was a hottie*

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:19 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
[quote:236093d8b4="Porter"]*has always thought Batty was a hottie*[/quote:236093d8b4]

And wearing a wet t-shirt too...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:16 am Reply with quote
User avatarEndeavor Mod LeaderPosts: 142Location: Lacey, WAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am
Saterday plans to be the hottest day over here in washington. I'll be going to Wild Waves that day.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:02 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
I simply hide out in my basement with the fan going at my back. :shock:

Paradise!! :D