<  Chit-Chat  ~  Shadows of the past...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:46 am Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 40Location: San FranciscoJoined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:42 am
Hello everyone.

Its comforting to see that somethings do not change much, even after a long internet-torpor. A friend recommended that I check out the Vamp game sequel Bloodlines and it made me think of all of you (well, those of you I knew) and so I thought I would drop in, say hi, and see what folks are up to.

And maybe cause some trouble. Who knows? I never do...

Have I really become naught but a [i:2584bb5ecb]shadow of a memory[/i:2584bb5ecb]?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:40 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Well well...if it isn't evil personified! :)

Good to see you again!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 40Location: San FranciscoJoined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:42 am
Hello again Gabriel, its been a few years. How are you? Unlife treating you well?

Dropping by here has had a strange effect on me; I did searches on my various names and read over things I'd written long ago, things I had been a part of, particularly the Whispers epic. It ended well for me, such as it was...but...I did not really end it. Seeing the story go on even though I was not here has left a hole in my chest, in my heart or soul - a void that I rarely feel. I felt it when I was read about the death of Alia Atreides in the Dune series of novels and when I saw the death of the Dutch assassin in "Munich." Its as if someone killed a part of me...a part I was not ready to let go. Truth be told...I think now I have not let go of it, though it is hard to say what "it" is - Michelle? Kemintiri? Both? The fushion of one with each other? Their relationships to the others, like Julius, Eveshka and the rest?

I have not thought about "it" in years, but now that I have the void is painful. I did not sleep well last night and I awoke early this morning, my mind restlessly turning over our shared "past." Whispers is over, to be sure, and years in the real past - but this painful void in my chest tells me that I have not let go of something; that something still needs to be explored or resolved; it tells me that [i:f50a96f965]I[/i:f50a96f965] am not through just yet.

What is the old expression? Ah yes...[i:f50a96f965]once more into the breach[/i:f50a96f965]...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:34 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
*grins* Hey there Khem :D

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Ahh...speaking of thousand year old things that go bump in the night...hello Porter. How is life on the wild-side?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:32 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Couldn't be better. Haven in the country, plenty of game to hunt, few Kine around, trees to climb, river to sink in, and fields to run nekidin.

:D

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Sounds lovely Porter ... if you are into that sort of thing. I take it then you are still an "outdoor" Gangrel, which is attractive from afar in a sort of wild, animalistic kind of fashion - though up close I imagine the personal hygeine might leave something to be desired. Still, to each her own and its sounds like you are living the 'born free' paradise unlife.

As for me, I have been thinking, not my usual course of action by any means, but I have been anyway and I have decided to awake from my torpor. The question is...what does that mean? And where? And why? And ... oh ... so many questions. So little love of thinking. So much easier to just [i:32fdae6c7c]feel[/i:32fdae6c7c]. And I am feeling ... a bit naughty.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
[quote:480a07f722="Kemintiri"] And I am feeling ... a bit naughty.[/quote:480a07f722]

No changes there then :P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:06 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Hehe....sounds like trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:50 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
holy crap. Its Michelle. Hiya doing? Was wondering when you'd turn up again. Khem wasn't killed off.... she went somewhere else, for safe keeping.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:28 pm Reply with quote
[quote:0dcf78b4ad]holy crap. Its Michelle. Hiya doing? Was wondering when you'd turn up again. Khem wasn't killed off.... she went somewhere else, for safe keeping.[/quote:0dcf78b4ad]

Indeed, it seems I went to "Faerun" aka the Forgotten Realms (I've been playing a lot of NWN online).

Nice to see you still playing - of course, of all the people I expected to find still active, you and Julius are the two I counted on the most. Oh..its like old times....sort of. Only, I have not caused any trouble yet - and you all have not caused me any trouble yet...we have to rectify that, non? I am out of town for the weekend, but stories, plotlines, and all that have been floating through my head since I first popped back in here - I even went to my storage unit and pulled out all my Vamp books and started flipping through them again. Time to rejoin the hunt...

Offline Profile