<  Chit-Chat  ~  Huge Map Pack Download (Maps of the Ages)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:14 am Reply with quote
User avatarEndeavor Mod LeaderPosts: 142Location: Lacey, WAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am
You can now download Maps of the Ages containing fully functional and fixed maps (well to the most part) via this link:

http://e-mods.net/forum/index.php?topic=67.0

Possibly the largest collection of maps so far for Redemption. All of the maps I could find that are fixable.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
Did you ever take a look at the (yes I know, yet another) London hub I did?

Redid a load of the original Nihilistic Maps and messed with the central london maps (thanks to Krypt). Basically added in a lot more exits, took bits out, added bits in.

Approx 80 maps total.

Real shame I couldn't get hold of the original "French Londres" .map files, or I could have done a lot with those too, as it is, what I could use was necessarily limited on that score.

http://www.vampirerp.com/socfiles/maps/TromadorLondonV22.zip

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:22 pm Reply with quote
User avatarEndeavor Mod LeaderPosts: 142Location: Lacey, WAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am
I didn't see it. I'll take a look at it. :wink:

Though the main purpose of MoTA was to grab and archive old content (2000-2005) in a manner that is stabilized and fully functional.

I don't think there needs to be further updates to it unless either more old maps are found or some new bugs are found.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:01 pm Reply with quote
*nods*

The two projects are different in aim anyway. My hub is intended as a clean environment for population and use in chrons etc, with plenty of scope for ongoing storylines (ie if you use the whole hub in one story, I'm impressed). That was the problem with the French Londres maps, loads of loot and monsters already populated, which is why I couldn't use them.

I just wondered if you'd looked at it :P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. I looked at it.

I noticed you linked Passoborgo's Fortress to London. Doesn't that have enemies in it?

I don't recall seeing enemies in French Londres. At least not in the versions I have in MoTA.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:33 am Reply with quote
Yes, I did - Passoborgo is comparatively easy to find the enemies/loot.

French Londres doesn't have enemies, but has (sometimes uber) loot hidden away in corners, cupboards, behind secret doors all over, probably stuff I haven't even found myself. Last thing you want is players finding it in a chron.

Original Tower of London sucked. Passoborgo was the best replacement I could easily find - it was a tradeoff.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:19 am Reply with quote
I know this a bump on an old thread and not sure how many players still exist on this board, but I'd figure I would give people an update - never know.

A new page shows off Maps of the Ages
http://www.e-mods.net/mota.html

Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of screen shoots so for those with slow connections be prepared to wait. Even if you don't play anymore, the page might have some nostalgic value to it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quote
User avatarAssamitePosts: 105Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:38 pm
Ya know I would love to play VTMR again only one problem I lost my CD Key. I have been pestering the developers and all but no joy. I have one last option befor I try a hack. I am going to put my old game files on disk and transfer them to my new comp. I know pain in the ass but its all I can do. I have alot of the older files if anyone needs them please don't ask me to list them although I might do that soon just no pressure ok. Anyway Guam is great nice weather lots of strip clubs great diving lots of strip clubs ohh I said that already lol anyway. Sorry for the long sebaticals but that is my life as ya'll know I will get back to ya'll when I can.

Later Dark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
Is there still a way to actually play the game online? I feel like dusting off the mangina.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Planet Vampire has updated some of its content to display info on its new official chronicle for VTMR that I think will be played using Hamachi. The information is here:

http://www.planetvampire.com/redemptions/hosted_chronicle/

At the very least Skyra can help anyone willing to role-play in setting up hamachi and how to use it to play Redemption online.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:18 pm Reply with quote
OK couple things here.

1) I got it to work I was able to get a new cd key finaly

2) WON still works I was in the lobby last night for a while

3) Will MOTA work with the WTD Mod 3.5? I am putting all your stuff in first befor I install any mods and I will not be putting in any of the files it says not to use on your site.

Other than that I am kinda siked I have been playing the single player and having a ball my wife just stits there and rolls her eyes at me as i play heh heh.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:54 pm Reply with quote
The only mod that I know of has a problem with MoTA so far is the Wod Mod and that's because of problems in Wod Mod's template database.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:58 am Reply with quote
Well I have run into a problem but I boubt it is the MOTA packs. WTD will not install fully. Something about not being able to create a short cut or something. I am guessing because WTD was setup to run on Win 98 or ME at the highest while I am running XP. Anyone still in conntact with the WTD team? Think they might be willing to fix it? I would but I have no idea about that kinda stuff I can put togather one hell of a hub and put peeps in it and all but code and stuff like that drives me to drink even more than I already do :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Considering that WTD hasn't been updated in 6 years tells me it is deader than a door nail. The likeliness of anyone being around to make another update who is capable and/or willing is next to zilch.

What is it from WTD do you need the most? Perhaps I could canabalize it instead. I don't think VCaleb would mind... actually I was on the original WTD Team till the fallout came. I am also in good relations with the Wod Mod team. I don't have any intentions of reviving the old mods, but I could direct you to my works in progress that could interest both WTD and Wod Mod fans alike.

It is called Wodal Mod. Though it is in its infancy, the mod has a future and is recieving support by Skyra who is also the admin at Planet Vampire. Wodal may be PnP by default, but can easily be changed to feel like the original game - it can also allow WTD discipline content. Heck Wodal Mod can accept any kind of content. Here's a link to it:

http://www.e-mods.net/mods.html

A new release is planned within a week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:50 am Reply with quote
Actually I found that it was not in the WTD mod its was in the COTD mod what I was looking for that is. WTD does not have Quietus in any form also abominations were not possable. In COTD they are. As for why this is important well Walker Boh aka The Dark Uncle is or was an Assamite Antitribu Abomination. he was more of a backround char as he was my main char Cain's Sire. Now Cain is not an abomination in any way shape or form. I am just trying to flesh out all my char again. I was looking at the Wodal mod and I find it interesting from a Story Teller point of view as from what it looks like to me it gives the ST even more control over char development. Less chance of ""power char"" that have no real RP or chronical experiance. Much like in as you state the PnP game. I have also tried to get COTD to work and well it works for about 30 min or so then crashes and I have to reinstall the whole thing again and for some reason I am unable to recreate my char's completly. I tried it with out installing MOTA at all and it still does it. I am pretty sure I have all the files required for WTD and COTD as they are both still installed on my old comp and I have been able to mirror the vamp dir on my new one. All I can figure is that even though I am running vamp in win 95 compatibility mode if I install COTD it will crash in COTD and reg vamp. WTD will not install fulling but works untill I go to load certain maps then it gets buggy and locks up and will continue to do so untill I reinstall from scratch. So I have been amusing myself with teh single play mod and working on putting togather a few chronicals with whats available in the game itself. I will more than likely start putting some togather in the MOTA stuff if also. I am also not to shabby at making hubs which I am looking at using the MOTA pack to do if that is OK with you. You will of course receive full cred for the MOTA pack and all that. Well i think I have rambled on enough for now. Thanks for whatever help can be given with all this.

Later Dark