<  Chit-Chat  ~  Aimless Rambling

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:16 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 40Location: San FranciscoJoined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:42 am
I could loan you a few dollars...but then you will have to accept the U.S. version of democracy, capitalism, and culture, forswear ever developing nuclear power, accept Jesus as your personal savior and allow Halliburton to become the no-bid contractor that rebuilds your life.

If you can accept all that, yeah, I am sure the U.S. can give you a few bucks...

;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:36 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Sweetie, I'd loan you that dollar and a couple of others, IF I could find them. :( They seem to keep eluding me. *sigh* :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:00 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
I have a dollar you could have. I have MANY dollars you could have. But they come at a heavy heavy price. You must be blood bound to me for all eternity and worship at my Altar of Lust. Procure new subjects for my empire of glitter and sin, and sup on my blood directly from my vagina. No, shit, wait, I'm not an insanely hot vampire vixen, I'm an overweight and underpaid defense attorney in Jerkwater, NY.

In that case.... I may be able to buy something inexpensive for you with my credit card if I can find one that isn't maxed, but then I'd require you to copy things and staple things for the next 6 years as an unpaid intern.

I think I like option one better.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:36 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
[quote:d8227937cb="Porter"]DOWN WITH THE EU! DOWN WITH THE EURO![/quote:d8227937cb]

You know... the Scots make me laugh.

When Europe was all at war with the English, the Scots were all matey friends with their Roman Catholic buddies in France, Spain and in fact most of Europe. Pro-European Scotland.

Now that the English are into the idea of Europe, it's all "Down with the EU" and stuff.

You really need to get a grip on this "must hate the English at all costs" thing you guys have going there. It's the United Kingdom dude. Since King James, remember him?

I mean, I know we had to kick your arses a few times to remind you that we are one big happy family now... a UNITED Kingdom with ONE MONARCH.. despite what filthy traitors like William "Mel Gibson" Wallace might have thought - but still, Scotland has it's dignity, a fine Kingdom.

I mean... could be the Welsh, a tiny rain sodden Principality somewhere over to the west of the island.

*lights the blue touch paper and retreats to a safe distance*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:14 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Actually I have several well educated ENGLISH friends who feel the same way about the Euro. It's not about hating the English it's about hating the EU bureacrats and the bullshit they try and throw at us.

*doesn't give him the satisfaction* :P

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
Mmmmmmm Mel Gibson.....I will say no more .

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes, Mel Gibson, the newly discovered anti-semite who thinks the Holocaust never happened. Ah well, I'll still watch his movies.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
So THAT'S what he said!

Sheesh lighten up people, everyone's ENTITLED to their opinion. Otherwise we might as well all be brainwashed.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:43 pm Reply with quote
He also said that the Jews have started all wars and other things of that nature. The problem as I see it is that a person who is that high profile really ISN'T entitled to his/her own opinion. You cease to be a private citizen when you become a public figure. It would be along the lines as one the lesser Royals saying something like that. In the US our Hollywood celebrities ARE our Royal Family... for better or worse.

If John Q. Public said it, I'd agree with you, but Mel is not John Q. Public.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:56 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGet your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 40Location: San FranciscoJoined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:42 am
I disagree a bit - Mel is certainly entitled to his own opinion. Unfortunately for him, being a public figure, his opinion is subject to being judged, reviewed, scrutinized, picked-apart and interpreted by those who care what his opinion is - and that opinion, or its interpretation, may well affect his popularity and thus his career. In short - he is entitled to his opinion, but he is also bound to reap the consequences of that opinion.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:11 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
[quote:84c740b3c3="Eveshka"]It would be along the lines as one the lesser Royals saying something like that. [/quote:84c740b3c3]

Well there was the much publicised incident where Prince Harry wore a nazi uniform to a fancy dress party...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4170083.stm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Which as a German blue blood he's kinda expected to do ;)

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I recall that nazi uniform thing and it was properly chastized. Although, it was kinda funny too. As for Mel, I honestly don't give a shite that he is anti-semitic, he makes good films.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
I dunno. I think anti-semitism is wrong and all, but I think the way the public has responded to it is absolutely hypocritical and somewhat repulsive. Oh we're so quick to pass judgment on others.

He has a drinking problem clearly and maybe some unpopular (and wrong) viewpoints. Like almost ALL of us don't have those. There's no one who's as pious and pure as they claim. It's BS. We all have stereotypes we live by, I don't care WHO you are.

It's just up to you to what degree you listen to them or embrace them. This whole Mel Gibson thing is pathetic.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
Every one should be allowed to have their own opinions whether they are famous or not.

But hey your missing the point here!!

He is gorgeous!!!

Guess who I met in marks and spencers while buying my Aaron a birthday cake? ( reached the ripe old age of 16 on thursday)

Any ideas?

Want a clue?

Cold feet.

Offline Profile