<  Chit-Chat  ~  What a Shitty Way to Start a Morning!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:42 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Sooo...yesterday I worked 12 hours straight. No big deal, I just sat on the internet most of the time. It was boring and mind numbing, but it's money and I can't complain.

Today, I was scheduled at 7 AM again. I was running late. I'll admit it. I told everyone else that my roommate was in the shower and was holding me up, but truth be told I was just running late. I live 2 seconds away from the resort, so I got up around oh...say 6:35. Showered, shaved, dressed, etc. I came in and one of the Audio Visual Technicians is standing at the desk, effectively manning it.

Sometimes, when my predecessor was REALLY late (like 45 minutes or so) they would pull this. They'd switch the desk on and work until he got there. But I was a measly 10 minutes! Now granted...10 minutes is 10 minutes, and to be honest with myself it's unacceptable. But still...

So I said, "What're you doing D?"

"Get back there! Get back there!" he whispered in harsh tones. I walked into the back, the back office door swings open and....the general manager is standing there. He looks at his watch.

"Running a little behind aren't we?"

I'm awestruck...I've NEVER seen this guy prior to 8 AM before. But here he is, big as life. Maybe a squeek bigger even.

"Uh...yeah...sorry about that." I manage to mumble.

"You might want to check with the groups to make sure they don't need anything." he says and I'm filled with fear. Heaps of it. Bushels even.

"Sure. I'll do that." I chirp, pretending this is everyday practice and I can't begin to conceive why he would even bring it up because hell it's practically canon that everyone comes in 10 minutes after their shift starts.

So...that's how my morning has started out. That was half an hour ago and I've only got seven and a half hours left to go. Not fun.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:21 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
Good Morning James :)

Ive had a weird week at work ....I went from working for Ramada Jarvis....to working for Accor hotels and now my department has being contracted out so I now work for WGC management group.....this is all within a week! The people have changed our whole office layout, and are generally being a right pain in the ass. God wouldn't it be nice to win the lottery and not to have to work anymore lol

Hope the rest of your shift is better James :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
God bless WGC!!!

I've had a big payrise and as from 6 months time after training etc I will be officially known as " support manager for north yorkshire" with expenses account...another payrise .....a laptop...with satellete connection and a company car!!!!!

:):):):)

Have I already told you all this ? hmmmmmmmmm can't remember so I've told you again.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:33 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Congratties! :) I'm still making shite!

But the U.S. tied Italy yesterday so I can't be totally down! :D