<  Chit-Chat  ~  Things always change

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:07 am Reply with quote
User avatar"Brujah"Posts: 62Location: Central FloridaJoined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:37 am
Well.... since early March of this year, I've been working my tail off at my deadend job so I could be all set and ready for college when it begins in late June. Now, a month away from Orientation, I still have a shit load of stuff to do, and despite working 50+ hours minimum weekly for the past several months, I only have a hundred bucks to show for it. That doesn't include the starter I'm currently replacing in my Jeep.

All in all, the only writing I've been doing recently is documentation prep for school. I was fortunate to get onto the forum tonight to type the message as it is (even though I still have internet explorer open to financial aid and scholarship websites.....).

I really want to get back into my Cascadia thread with The Dark Uncle, but I can't find the time nor motivation to get that thing rolling again. I hope everyone else is having a little more luck than me. It's good to see Once More Into the Breach still moving forward, and Porter with your new thread in the USA strings. Damn, you peeps love to write the good stuff. Just like what drew me into this forum a couple years ago.

Keep the imagination and fantasy on strong, I'll keep lookout from my outpost.

~Arcane

I feel the anger changing me!
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:19 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Well I can attest to the difficulty balancing school, work, women (okay so just one!), and free time. It's certainly not easy!

Good for you for being so independent and self-sufficient though man! That's the sign of a winner, someone who can pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.

Take care of what you need to take care of and don't worry, we're not going anywhere. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:54 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Good to hear from you every once in a while, Arcane!! :D Do keep checking in. Heh.

As for me, I don't hold down a job... well, except that of keeping my household in order (right!) and simply taking care of myself. Sound like an easy, cushy job? Nope. Not even!! Which is why I'm not motivated enough, ATM, to do more than post sporadically. However, tho' I may neglect this site for now... just like you, I keep getting drawn back (ok, prodded back-by my MUSE!!). hehehe I even contribute when the creativity tap gets turned on, briefly.

I think you'll find there will come a day when you will have the time to sit down and start writing here. As for myself, I'm looking forward to that day because you have a unique writing style that, even having seen so little of, makes me want more. ::chuckles:: It only took nearly 30 yrs. for [b:d91f9d14b6]me[/b:d91f9d14b6] to find the SoC and let loose with my imagination. Just don't take quite as long... OK?

Good Fortune to you.

HUGS!