<  Chit-Chat  ~  How was your Christmas?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:48 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 1117Location: The riverbank.Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:20 pm
Well?

Mine was a quiet family affair, just what I'd hoped for :)

Jenny's folks and my folks spoilt us rotten! Got 26 DVD's from my brother FFS! His reason? To try and replace those stolen :) Awww :)

How about you guys?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:20 pm Reply with quote
User avatarEndeavor Mod LeaderPosts: 142Location: Lacey, WAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am
Cool.

I had a pretty good christmass too.

I got a bunch of computer parts I can use to upgrade my pc.

One of them was an ol' dvd player that still works. I have it plugged into an inclosure that was also given to me to converted the dvd to an external with usb.

We also had good dinner and evil dessert. I might have gained a few pounds. hehe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:31 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Mines was quiet (whereas I expected chaos and mayhem=hehehe) AND I've definitely gained a few more pounds. Seems the only thing that got stuffed WASN'T the turkey! hehehe

I got a Bad Cat calendar (good for 365 days!), an Enya CD, cookies, fruit and a bottle of wine from my neighbors, some cash, lots of phone calls and some English Breakfast Tea in my stocking (as a stuffer). :shock:

All in all, the best Christmas I've had in years!!! :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:55 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
I'm with Trish on this one, it was definitely the best Christmas I've had for a very long time (possibly ever). It was divided over several days - Friday night I had Christmas dinner with my family, Saturday I had Christmas lunch with friends and Sunday I had Christmas lunch with another friend's family. It made everything a lot more relaxed and less rushed/pressured. :)

Frank, that was lovely of your brother to do that :)

Rainmoon, my brother gave me F.E.A.R. (pc game) which has given me a good excuse to upgrade my video card and processor - more so my processor since it's only a Athlon 2600. I keep forgetting that my "new" computer isn't so new anymore! I've had it for two years :/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:09 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
Mine was quiet.

::: shrugs :::

Not sure what I was expecting, but whatever it was, they way Christmas actually fell out was not it.

Prolly cuz this was the first time in like 12 years that I've not been with someone on Christmas. Rather disappointing I guess.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
*bleary bloodshot eyes*

Heaven help me, it's not over yet... about to depart for more xmas fare and booze...

What day is it?

*partied out*

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:26 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Oh Immaculately Intoxicated Oracle, I pose this question to you:

How was the Christmas pudding? Did it turn out well?

My Christmas was quite unspectacular, probably ranking low on my totem poll if only because I had no family to spend it with *sniffle*.

However, Affie and my roommates and I sat about watching movies (A Christmas Story & Christmas Vacation). I drank an entire pot of coffee by myself and made breakfast for everyone (okay, so my roommate actually did most of the cooking, BUT I BOUGHT IT DAMMIT!)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:41 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
[quote:0242ae0926="Gabriel"]<snip?probably ranking low on my totem poll if only because I had no family to spend it with *sniffle*.[/quote:0242ae0926]

So... what am I, then? Christmast pudding!!?? :shock: *sniffle*

There were 3 hours in the evening that I was HOME ALONE and it was [b:0242ae0926]too[/b:0242ae0926] quiet!! Like a proverbial tomb. *sigh* I would have welcomed the company. ;)

Your ICQ still works, right!?? You do know how to use it, dontcha? You just pucker up the 'ol finger tip and "push" the button. :twisted: That's how close my little SoC "brothers" are. HUGS!!

::winks at Gabe:: Next time, give me an *Uh Oh!* I'll be here. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quote
User avatarEndeavor Mod LeaderPosts: 142Location: Lacey, WAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am
[color=blue:11a218cab4][i:11a218cab4]Rainmoon, my brother gave me F.E.A.R. (pc game) which has given me a good excuse to upgrade my video card and processor - more so my processor since it's only a Athlon 2600. I keep forgetting that my "new" computer isn't so new anymore! I've had it for two years :/[/i:11a218cab4][/color:11a218cab4]

I tried the Chronicles of Riddick game. Damn that's laggy. I need to upgrade too. I'm on a P3 933mhz. LOL. The game lags so much that it's at 1 frame per 2 seconds. LMFAO :lol:

I need whole new motherboard and everything... well mostly.

I also have the new Silent Hill demoes that wont even play because they say my video card is dated. It's a GeForce 4 damnit! It appears I need to get a GeForce 6 with new motherboard.

I know what I'll be saving up for...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:04 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
LOL! I thought my frame rate was bad at 5/sec! Sheesh!

I vote next year everyone comes here for Xmas. Shoes are optional. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:14 am Reply with quote
User avatarAssamitePosts: 28Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:19 pm
Well I finnaly got DSL
Finnaly played F.E.A.R (which I haved owned for sometime now online)
Finnaly played Starwars Battlefront 2 online (which I have also played for sometime now)
I got a cd 7 movies,
an Atari with 40 games on it
Ipod (dad gave it to me for doing good in school and for getting a job on my own)

...Best christmas ive ever had (except for the one where my parents where still together when I was little)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:20 am Reply with quote
I want to play FEAR. I'll be upgrading mid-january.