<  Chit-Chat  ~  To My "Future, Red and Oblique" Participants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:44 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
BUT...

could the Chinese report of the Americans faking a moon landing be a fake as well?

It would mean that the US would have to land a craft on the moon to [b:78407283ef]prove[/b:78407283ef] that the Chinese are faking it.

And then maybe the Russians could land one to prove both the Yanks and the Yellows are faking it.

And then the....

I'm getting dizzy from imagining all of this. :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:33 am Reply with quote
Lasombra AntitribuPosts: 26Location: UKJoined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:39 pm
Ok few points. ( I pre-emptively apologise for any negative connotations that come across in my views)

1) The only danger to America China represent is a danger to what their culture holds most dear. I refer of course to Money. Which is only a possible threat as it depends on how their economy develops,

2) Militarily, well numbers mean jack but Infinite moneys are the sinews of War and China are getting that way but nuclear weapons make all that sort of speculation pointless.

3) As for the space program/faked moon landing thing. I’m sorry but if China proved it to be fake would it not be one of the funniest moments of modern history? I mean I’m no conspiracy theorist but I’m now knda hoping china proves it as fake. Just to hear Dubya's speech.

The biggest danger China represent is if America freak out and hit first, it's all just pride I’m afraid Nuclear weapons make worrying about them doing anything militarily pointless, what Might happen is they Might knock the USA off poll position in economic terms but that’s it. But hey someone has to stand up to them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:05 pm Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
That'd be kinda funny actually if it turned out to be fake.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:29 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
I suppose anything's possible as far as conspiracy theories are concerned, but faking the moon landing? Seems a bit far fetched doesn't it?

As for the fallout, if nothing else, Americans are adaptable. We'd bitch and moan for a few months and then go back to business as usual. Just like the hiked up gas prices, we whined and cried, and now most of us (who can afford it) are more or less used to it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Lasombra AntitribuPosts: 26Location: UKJoined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:39 pm
Did you just compare nuclear fallout or losing economic supremacy to a rise in petrol(gas) prices? :shock:

Actually I’ve seen evidence for both camps and some things are pretty convincing. And you know the phrase 'never believe anything until it has been officially denied' they do deny faking it like crazy. Mostly I believe it was real because it being fake would be to good to be true.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:08 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Errrr...no I was referring to political fallout.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:08 pm Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
i like chinese food./ Egg rols go good with Hot tea.

(just bringing it down a notch)

Congrats gabe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
i like chinese food./ Egg rols go good with Hot tea.

(just bringing it down a notch)

Congrats gabe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Thanky!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:55 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
There's a film due to be released soon all about the alleged fake moon landing....it goes into why and how it was done......I don't know what its called I was half listening to Richard and Judy ( a uk chatshow) while wading through paperwork .....sounded good though :)

Well done james :):):):)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:54 am Reply with quote
User avatarBrujahPosts: 34Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:01 pm
*sighs* does it bother anyone else that we seem to be forgetting: China is going to try and disprove the moon landing. Now consider for a moment: The moon is rather far away. We have several atmospheric layers between ourselves and the moon, including a nifty little layer called the ionosphere, which makes it more difficult to communicate outside the atmosphere of earth, because it tends to block radio waves. Consider: They accuse us of faking, but could just as easily 'fake' a disproval, with the right minds behind them.

I mean, seriously, what would it take? Really? Not terribly much, given they could probably just take a photo shot of part of the moon where there is none of the left behind objects the US dropped there. Like land rover, or flag, and they'd call that proof.

Does it bother anyone, that their society does not value human life, yet we're supposed to trust them to be honest about something like this, when they are going into it with a decidedly antiamerican standpoint?

Does it bother anyone that humanity tends to produce the answers it wants, regardless of what fact or evidence is placed before their very noses? Do you think that someone who does not value human life, will value human honor?

Truth be told, we honestly can't trust them; not that we can trust our own government.

No one is going to give you the whole story in this world, and its up to you to think logically enough to look not as much at what they're saying, but also at what they're not saying. I've found in life that you learn a lot when you take into account not only what a person says, but also what they choose not to say, and how they choose to say what they do say. People give away a lot more than they intend to, a lot of the time. It takes a balanced view, a way of looking at all the "facts" and then choosing what one does, and does not believe, and also looking for facts where none are offered.

Its at that point, that people begin to think for themselves. So even if china does supposedly 'disprove' the moon landing, take into account what they show us AND what they choose not to show us.

Like anything else, don't think in terms of just what people tell you. Instead, think on your own terms.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:42 pm Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
How did your assignment go? I'd be interested in reading it :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:01 am Reply with quote
Well it's finished and handed in. Yet to be seen how it turned out. I feel like it went alright.

It's 22 pages long total...don't think it would remain interesting THAT long. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:46 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
I presume it's double-spaced, so technically it's only 11 pages ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:39 pm Reply with quote
An update. I received my paper back. I scored a 98%.