<  Chit-Chat  ~  Katrina....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:42 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
Ooops Trom just said what I wanted to say but in a few less words. Heh.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:30 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
According to the uk newspapers they have being getting reports via phones out of the stadium, full stories, according to the USA they phone links are very dodgy ....it does make you wonder doesn't it ?

Could a country so rich and so advanced actually try to push some of its lesser inhabitants under the rug so to speak ....to die ? because lets face it ....a lot have already.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:23 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
My use of the term landfall meant when the hurricane hit land.

I am sure there were many who could not go. But there were probably almost the same amount who WOULD not go. I remember seeing on the news that those who wished would be bused out free of charge. They closed down the inbound lanes of the main highways and made them all outbound. There were pages of testimonials of people saying, in essence, "this is my home, I've nowhere else to go, I'm staying here." Granted, not everyone could get out who wanted to. there are only so many buses. Then again, there are people like relatives of mine who were dumb enough to stay. They could have made it the 50 miles up to Baton Rouge where other relatives are, but no, they stayed in their apartments in the French Quarter. I've since heard that they finally showed up in Baton Rouge after all. They too were in the stadium. Let's not forget, the newspapers are not out to disseminate the truth, they are out to sell newspapers. Unless, someone had a satelite phone coming out of the Superdome, it is bullshit. Cell phones did NOT work. Landline phones were down. Hell, my uncle in Baton Rouge couldn't even call us until TODAY (9/3) on his phone. Anyone who said they were getting phone calls out of the stadium was full of shit. The only communications coming in or out were via satelite, which is why the video feeds were all buggered up.

I'm not even addressing Michael Moore, he's just as sensationalist a retard as the right wing nut balls in the US about whom he complains, he just happens to be a lunatic fringe lefty. That'd be like reading an open letter to Queen Elizabeth penned by Sinn Fein and thinking it rational and credible.

Stef said it perfectly, it is about economics, not race. And I soundly agree, they should have put martial law in place with the regular army before the storm even hit. There is no doubt about it, Bush sucks donkey balls. I see in the news that he is sending something like 7,000 more soldiers to do fuck knows what in Iraq while New Orleans and the entire Gulf Coast is now a Third World country. Fucking pisses me off.

Christ what a cluster fuck.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:54 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
[quote:34e5b91daf="Eveshka"]The only communications coming in or out were via satelite, which is why the video feeds were all buggered up. [/quote:34e5b91daf]

Continuous video feeds have been running of the city constantly, from Outpost Crystal, a NO ISP with a generator in the basement who've kept things running, pictures and a blog throughout the event.

http://mgno.com

Fascinating reading which seems largely, to me, to be fact - sure with a few opinions!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'll be damned. Never knew that.

Now that I've read it, I must say that that is prolly the most genuine sounding account of anything I've heard.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:09 am Reply with quote
User avatarEndeavor Mod LeaderPosts: 142Location: Lacey, WAJoined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:35 am
The black population takes up 67% of NO out of that, 60% of the populous were living in poverty (gone slumpy now).

The response is pathetic.

Rather interesting how fast Bush responded to the hurricanes in Florida. I wonder why that is...

Let's see here:

His rich brother lives down there.
It is a good state to get electorial votes (second highest in the country) and they have a good chance of votin republican. What do you know! It's almost election time - 'I should jump right down there and fix things. ' -Bush

Now for NO:

Nobody he knows lives there.
It's been known to vote democratic.
Not very many electorial votes to aquire there.
And it's not election season so the fuck he cares.

5 days later he finally shows his face over there. FIVE DAYS. Took maybe 1 day for florida.

But on the other hand that hurricane was far more intense than what florida dealt with, but they were saying Bush didn't know the estimate of the problem.

How can you not know the worst distaster in US history has just happened to you?

-Freakin' moron.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Was reading in my locak paper the other about some crap or other and I came across this official sounding cabinet member in the Bush Administration: Secretary of Public Diplomacy. I've not heard of that before from ANY president. Sounds like something Joseph Goebels would have been good at.

What is the function of a Secretary of Public Diplomacy?

Discuss.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:06 am Reply with quote
User avatarNosferatuPosts: 330Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:50 am
oohh he does this and that.. has a few secrataries.. and some undersecrataries. and a few interns.. (( god how we love interns)) .. im sure what ever he does its really important and costs alot.