<  Chit-Chat  ~  Buhbye

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:32 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 186Location: York, England.Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:57 pm
Off tomorrow night on a weeks holiday.

Going wreck diving off Weymouth!!!!!!

Can't wait!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:03 am Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
Enjoy mate!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:32 am Reply with quote
Get your clan name here - PM JuliusPosts: 285Location: yorkshireJoined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm
Countess of Erne (permit required)
We did this last week ......absolutely awesome !!!
1880’s cargo/passenger carrying paddle steamer.
After her passenger career was over, the Countess of Erne was used as a coal hulk in Portland Harbour. On the 16th September 1935 she broke free from her mooring and holed herself on the north east arm of Portland Harbours inner wall, sinking rapidly. Lying in 10 metres of water the hull is totally intact with interconnected holds although the superstructure is missing. The Countess of Erne makes an idea swim through for training and novices and neutral buoyancy makes her a rewarding dive.

I hate swimming in *deep* water ie anything 5ft and over lol but this was fantastic! coupled with the fact that I swam with sharks.....albeit baby ones....at the sealife centre in scarbough in the same week was pretty good :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:02 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 186Location: York, England.Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:57 pm
Best time ever!

Dove on the Himalaya, old coal vessel from Crimean days, sunk by German bombs. Got surrounded by dolphins off Portland Bill (amazing feeling), and snorkelled in Lulworth Cove.

Add to that blistering hot sun, fantastic company ie Jen, and lots of chilling.

Couldn't have wanted more!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:31 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Well, I can't beat the sun and surf but even a nice quiet week in the burbs of Iowa was just what the dr. ordered. And believe it (or stuff it!), I actually didn't miss my computer!! :shock:

Needless to say, Richard's family spoiled us like crazy. *sigh* I miss those early morning egg-and-sausage breakfasts!