<  Chit-Chat  ~  Calgon! Take me away!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:29 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Here it is, 5am in the morning, and I can't sleep. Richard and I are leaving in 72 more hours for the airport (Friday morning, my time) to fly to Iowa, for a family 4th of July reunion. Am I excited? Yes, in a lot of ways and yet, I'm not. I wish I was home already, as it's been long and long since I have made a lengthy journey. It's also been years since I've flown and I'm NOT looking forward to the holiday rush at SEA-TAC. *sigh*

We're traveling as light as we can, due to some layoffs and re-hires at the terminal. News sources have reported that upwards of 75%+ luggage doesn't make it to the same destination as the passenger and I expect that's going to get worse.

However, in all of this stress, I'm looking forward to finally putting faces to the names and voices of his mother, brothers and their wives, that I have spoken with on the phone (and heard so many things about). Richard hasn't seen his mom since Daniel was 6 and the boy is now 19. MY! how time flies!! (Sorry, that was [b:bb4a159d66]not[/b:bb4a159d66] an intended pun!!) I suspect this may be the last Richard will see of his mother, as she has emphysema (a smokers disease) and, from the most recent pictures that Libby/Pepper (Richard's daughter-using either name) has shown us, she's not in the best of health. I'm glad he will have this opportunity, as I had mine with my own father before he was gone from me. It will also be a chance to let all the siblings tell me dire stories of Richard's youth. Heh.

This means that I'll be gone from my keyboard (GASP!!-IS IT TRUE!!??) for about 8-10 days (time differences) and I won't be haunting our board. I expect to have a couple of days resting up from this endeavor and for lots of postings to read!! Because, I tell ya, people, I'm going to be in the throes of a massive withdrawal and [b:bb4a159d66]VERY, VERY[/b:bb4a159d66] desperate. SO WRITE!! :twisted:

Please? :shock:

[b:bb4a159d66]HUGS!![/b:bb4a159d66] I miss you all already. *sigh*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:48 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
We'll miss you! But please take care and enjoy yourself. Family is the most important thing in the world (as far as I'm concerned).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:51 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
I quite agree. I sure do miss my own parents and my sibs are all scattered now. Very hard to get to see them, these days. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:28 am Reply with quote
User avatarUnknownPosts: 117Location: ChicagoJoined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:24 pm
[quote:1e07d0bcbd="Lady Cyrilynn"] I tell ya, people, I'm going to be in the throes of a massive withdrawal and [b:1e07d0bcbd]VERY, VERY[/b:1e07d0bcbd] desperate. SO WRITE!! :twisted: [/quote:1e07d0bcbd]
Ok
Oh and enjoy yourself hun. xxx