<  Chit-Chat  ~  Batman Begins

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:22 pm Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 186Location: York, England.Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:57 pm
Going to see it tonight, beside myself with excitement.

Anyone seen it yet?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:29 pm Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
Actually, no. But a friend on mine did! He recommeneded it very highly. Now I'm sure I'll have to go and view it. Provided nothing happens to keep me from it!! Last two major movies I wanted (desperately) to go to, I got sick. I mean REALLY sick! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:49 pm Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
yeah I saw it, I found it very very slow. It takes over an hour for him to become batman. 2 and 3 will be better.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:43 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
It was slow compared to the others, but that's because the previous were pure shlock.

This one actually focuses somewhat on character. A nice touch.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:56 am Reply with quote
User avatarCappadocianPosts: 590Location: Sydney, AustraliaJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 am
But an hour? They could have condensed it a bit, no one really cares about his glacial dojo antics - they just want to see him kick arse and drive through walls in the bat tank. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:06 am Reply with quote
User avatarGangrelPosts: 186Location: York, England.Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:57 pm
Well I fucking loved it!

It was paced exactly right. Lots of psychological and emotional depth, fantastic acting, incredible effects, the car, twists, Scarecrow's creepy bastardness, the car, the cape billowing around him, the suit, the car, fantastic action sequences and of course the car.

Christian Bale is Batman. I can't wait for the next one especially with a certain "infamous villain" being hinted at at the end.

Fucking fantastic!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:56 am Reply with quote
see, most of what you're describing happened towards the end of the movie. it was dull as fuck for the first hour.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:20 am Reply with quote
User avatarToreadorPosts: 433Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm
Um.... didn't Batman begin like back in 1990 or summat? I seem to recall Kim Basinger and Michael Keaton. There is going to be a Batman triology? I thought there'd already kinda been one. Bollox, this is confusing. I shall go watch Team America World Police again. Now THERE is a quality movie. Absolute GENIUS.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:56 am Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
...I'm ronery... so ronery...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:50 pm Reply with quote
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Peter, there were lots of Batmans. Adam West (of course), Michael Keaton (Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns), Val Kilmer (Batman Forever), George Clooney (Batman & Robin) and now Christian Bale (Batman Begins). This latest movie is different - it's a bit grungier and less Hollywood. They've recruited some big names like Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman but their characters aren't lame like Danny Devito's or Governor Arnie's. Also, the bad guys are different. No more Penguin or Mr Freeze. This movie felt less commercial - like there is less room for marketing merchandising (if that makes sense).

Like I already said, the next two movies will definitely rock.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:10 am Reply with quote
Be that as it may, I still maintain that no movie will ever rival the sheer genius of Team America World Police.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:16 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTremerePosts: 845Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:47 pm
And anything that we want to know, from just a beginner to a pro,
You want a montage (montage)
even rocky had a montage (montage)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:49 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
...always fade out in a montage.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:32 pm Reply with quote
User avatarRavnosPosts: 406Location: Inside Big RedJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
im sorry, but i couldnt fucking stop laughing in the vomit scenre of team america......i just...couldnt

and the first 2 batmans, tim burton's...ROCKED.....notice the past tense.....if you see 'em now...well, yeah, they're kinda....bad.......but for the time they kicked some serious asssss........and whaddya mean bad characters like danny devito...he and jack nicholson in the previous one act fucking circles around anyone in all of batman movies..EVER created.....sure, the last two were as bad as a bite in the pee-pee stick.....but i still prefer michael keaton than christian bale....call it nostalgia if you want

but yeah, batman begins was pretty kick ass, seen it three times already