<  Chit-Chat  ~  RIP Mitch Hedberg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:36 pm Reply with quote
User avatarVentruePosts: 1553Location: Virginia, USAJoined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 pm
With the risk of turning this forum into an obituary section, I must note the passing of a great talent (not to compare him to the Pope in anyway). Mitch Hedberg was a wonderfully unique comedian who I had hte pleasure of seeing several times. His delivery was of discomfort and awkwardness, but it worked everytime.

He was 37.

"The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall. I played a wall once. They're f*cking relentless."

"When someone hands you a flier on the street, it's kind of like them saying, 'Here [i:074a73fe8e]you[/i:074a73fe8e] throw this away.'"

"A friend showed me a photo of himself and said, 'This was me when I was younger.' Every photo is of you when you were younger. Show me a photo of you when you're older. Let me see that camera..."

"My roommate said, 'I have to shower and shave, does anyone need to use the bathroom?' It's like some sort of f*cked up quiz where he gives you the answer first."

"I hate turtlenecks, I have a weak neck. Wearing a turtleneck to me is like being strangled by a really, really weak guy....all day. If you wear a turtleneck and a backpack, it's like a midget on your back trying to bring you down."

"I opened a cup of yogurt the other day and on the inside of the lid it said 'Please Try Again' because they were having some sort of contest I was unaware of. I thought it was Yoplait trying to encourage me. 'C'mon Mitchell. Don't give up. You can do it. This message of inspiration brought to you by Yoplait. Fruit on the bottom, Hope on top.'"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:17 am Reply with quote
User avatarOld Clan TzimiscePosts: 704Location: Seattle, Washington, USAJoined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:29 am
He was funny! In an offbeat way. Thanks for bringing his humor to my attention, as he was truly unknown to me. Every person who passes along the gift he left behind, never really lets him fade away. :shock:

HUGS!